Crusader cup mk2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I realise this is quite diverse from the original post. I made the belt out of interest and carry this when going on a longer dog walk for exercise. The small pouch is a multitool, and a few bits and pieces. The larger pouch a Helikon Bandicoot slides along the belt as needed to access and keep out of the way. It has dog bowl, hat, gloves, torch etc. The canteen sits on my right hip slightly forward of what would be a jean pocket. Quite comfortable and I got used to the sloshing sound.

IMG_9836.JPG

IMG_9837.JPG

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
I've had my Mk1 BCB plastic lid for 5+ years now and no problems. Just home from a weekend with Scouts and enjoyed brews that kept warm but remained drinkable under it while supervising over-excited campers.
There's a bloke on Ebay who sells aluminium lids for Crusader mugs (both flavours) at about £10 each - can't recall his name, but a search should find him. I have a couple that he made for me a long time ago - both nicely made and still going strong. They are better for carrying than the heavy lid - that's a lovely addition, but too heavy for anything other than a fixed camp, IMHO.
I have used both Mk 1 and 2 mugs and have to agree with the majority here as I regularly use my Mk 1 on camps while the Mk 2 sits on the shelf: there's something ergonomically pleasing about the stainless steel mug that the other just does not have.

MattyWW

Feb 11, 2023
Leamington Spa
I've got both and I thought the mkii was great at first. BUT. My cup now emits a horrid smell (probably the anodizing burning off). I love how lightweight it is, but I'm not convinced that it would stand up to much abuse – no way I'd put it into a fire to cook. That said, it's still working, and I try to be careful with my kit. I have been playing with ditching the MKII one for my steel crusader – they don't fit as well when cooking, but I'm not really worried about absolute thermal efficiency with firedragon blocks/trangia (that's what my jetboil is for). The Mki cup is a special bit of kit – they really got it right designing this. Only drawback is that it's heavy (but I'm also carrying an axe so for me that's a ridiculous point.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE