Crooked knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MickeS

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2010
Sweden
This is a crooked knife I cobbled together this fall.

crooked_knife_001.jpg

crooked_knife_002.jpg

crooked_knife_003.jpg

Blade by Joel Delorme, UK.
P1030080.jpg

100x15-9mm O1 in 2.5mm thickness, I think it is.

Handle moose antler, peened 4mm brass rods and glued with home made glue out of spruce resin, ash and olive oil.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Very nice looking crooked knife, Micke. I had wondered if I'd see that blade turned into a knife. How does it perform? Also, would you have some antler like that you might be willing to part with? What's the receipe for the glue?

MickeS

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2010
Sweden
Bushboy - sorry no, you could maybe ask jojo (the blade maker I bought this blade from...)

jojo - the blade performs very well, but I made the angle between blade and handle too small. I might have to rehandle it to get a better working angle:)
I'm running low on moose antler, but my little brother who hunts a lot is always looking for shedded horns for me - I hope he'll find some before the snow falls.

The glue is heated spruce resin mixed with crushed charcoal/ash and some olive oil. The oil I added because just resin and coal/ash became too brittle when cold.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE