Creating the ultimate load out guide

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

unorthadox

Forager
Jan 14, 2011
Newcastle
Im a little bored so ive decided to start a project to create the ultimate load out guide. Im currently drafting up a list of just about every item that could possibly be used while camping.

Im gona then create a prorgram that will automaticly generate a reccomended kit list depending on the users' requirements.

At the moment im grouping the kit into categories and i have the following so far, its taking some time so that there isnt too much overlapping of categories, anyone want to suggest anything i may have missed?

1. Tools

• Sharps
  • Multitools
  • Lighting
  • Navigation
  • Fire
  • Recording
  • Transportation
2. Camp

• Sleeping
  • Shelter
  • Cooking
3. Consumables

• Materials
  • Fire
  • Food
  • Water
4. Spares and Backup
5. First Aid

6. Clothing

unorthadox

Forager
Jan 14, 2011
Newcastle
Transport?

already listed, that covers stuff like canoes, skis, sleds etc. I dont think its neccesary to include vehicles. this is more of a quick kit generator

waterproofing? (subsection of clothing?)
Im getting to that, havent started on subsections of clothing yet

what heading would sharpening stuff or sewing kit come under dude? also what about comms? mobile?
i think shapening stuff and sewing stuff will come under tools, ill probly make a maintenence sub category, comms im not too sure yet, mobile will be under spares and backup

Thanks for the input so far everyone :), ill keep updating as i progress

unorthadox

Forager
Jan 14, 2011
Newcastle
so far i have 83 items which are as follows, can anyone spot something im missing?

Alcohol
Aspirin
axe
Backpack
Base layer
Batteries
bayonet
Belt
beta light
bivvy bag
Boots
Bungees
bushcraft knife
button compass
camcorder
camera
candle
canoe
containers to cook food
cooking fuel
cooking stove
cups for hot drinks
Daypack
Dihydrocodene
firesteel
folding knife
folding saw
Food
glass lens
Gloves
GPS
ground mat
Group First Aid Kit
hammock
hand held torch
Hat
head torch
Ibuprofen
Individual First Aid Kit
Jacket/Coat
Jumper/Fleece
kayak
keyring torch
knife,fork,spoon (KFS)
lantern
leatherman
lighter
map compass
map holder
maps
Matches
mini torch
Mirror
Mobile
Paracetemol
parang
pegs
plate/bowl
radio/mobile
Rope (general purpose)
Sandals
Sewing kit
shapening stones
Shoes
Shorts
skis
sled
sleeping bag
sleeping bag cover
Socks
spot light
storm shelter
swiss army knife
tarp
tent
tinder
Trousers
T-Shirt
Water
Water purification
whistle
wire saw

unorthadox

Forager
Jan 14, 2011
Newcastle
Why a bayonet?

ah, forgot to change that during the brainstorming, i refer to 'survival' knives (rambo kind of ones) as bayonets - im not sure if its strictly the correct term for hte knife, it jsut stuck with me from childhood somewhere, anyway, rambo type knives are slightly bigger and i daresay more sutable in certain environements so i put it sown along with parang, axe and knife

unorthadox

Forager
Jan 14, 2011
Newcastle
ive just posted my load out guide on the brockwell thread but i dont think i need half of that stuff.. bayonet would be cool though, a vintage ww1 one would be very nice

its not supposed to be a list to be used for one occasion. its a complete list of what are possibles and im gona create a program to choose the ideal kit for your requirements.

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
its not supposed to be a list to be used for one occasion. its a complete list of what are possibles and im gona create a program to choose the ideal kit for your requirements.

oops sry mis read it... bloody good idea though!

Thermals
headphones
book/reading material?
flannel/towel
fishing gear/hooks
mini deodourant (spelling sry)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE