My take on traditional/vintage kit load out

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Wicked set up bro!! Loving what you've put together looks really nice. :) I think traditional style is on the rise... beats the modern by ten fold ;)

Cheers mate.
Photos aint quite up to your standard and there definitely ain't gonna be any vids of it in use.
Plenty of photos of Fridays camp coming up though.
If the lavvu half doesn't work out I've a nice big canvas tarp I can use for future trips.

As for the rise its cyclical I think :)

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Don't worry too much. Car can do the work if you want to keep the packed kit to your plan and just bring additionals as needed.

Reming me not to pack a pen and paper or I'm going to start adding to my wants list

Very interesting post Sam.

I'd be keen to know how well just a shelter half will protect you from rain? They are waterproof in my experience btw, but one half seems a little small to me.

According to the met office the forecast for friday is heavy rain. This may be the test for half a lavvu......
I may bung my bigger one in albus' car just as a contingency plan.......

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Honestly couldnt tell you. Not weighed it.
I go with can I lift it? Eek thats a bit heavy what can I take out? Hmmm thats manageable.
Its a cheat this weekend as I'm going in a mates car and only have to carry it a short distance :)

A nice looking set up. :)

You need to watch your back, hanging heavy things on slings from your shoulder will cause you some bother in the long run, but I guess you have the tools to fashion a roycraft pack if you plan to walk a longer distance.

I'd take a bigger pot too, for bread baking, hole digging, smudge fire holding, water carrying, foraging, delicate thing holding etc. etc.

More pics of it in use and a report please. :)

A nice looking set up. :)

You need to watch your back, hanging heavy things on slings from your shoulder will cause you some bother in the long run, but I guess you have the tools to fashion a roycraft pack if you plan to walk a longer distance.

I'd take a bigger pot too, for bread baking, hole digging, smudge fire holding, water carrying, foraging, delicate thing holding etc. etc.

More pics of it in use and a report please. :)
All valid points :)
For any distance I'll break out the rugged river pack.
I've got a couple of alternatives for pots too. The mors pot and the tatonka cook set. Combined with the little un should do pretty mucb everything I'll ever want cooking wise.
I do fancy a roycroft at some point more to test it out than anything else.
First test run friday so some action shots will be coming up soon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE