Cranbourne Chase Woodfair

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

aeveling

Dec 2, 2006
Salisbury
This coming weekend (10th and 11th Oct) is The Woodfair at The Larmer Tree near Salisbury. I visited the last one 2 years ago and it was a great day, lots of new and used tools to be had, bushcraft demos, good food and cider etc. Dave Budd is there as is Peter Whiteman who helped me make my first yew longbow. I've put this post up as it doesn't seem to be well advertised and it would be a shame to miss this show which is only held every two years. I'm not connected to the event in any way, just a happy customer.

Andrew.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
:D
I went last time and it was one of the nicest woody shows that i have attended :) Certainly last time, the demonstrators and most of the traders/stalls were chosen from the amiling list of my local woodfair. We actually had to prove a link to woodland work in order to get on that mailing list originally! So the calibre of the sort of things that you can see, do and buy there is second to none.

Also, it's the last demonstration of the year for me so I'm bound ot do something a little silly and more challenging than usual. So it's worth coming along to watch me make an **** (sorry, in american that reads bottom) of myself :lol:

conall

Tenderfoot
Aug 25, 2009
southampton
Thanks for the post, I wil try and get to it over the weekend Be nice to perhaps meet someone else from on the forum ( Dave.) :D

Joe

Need to contact Admin...
We'll have a Wilderness Survival Skills bushcraft stand there demonstrating fire lighting, carving and maybe a bit of hide working or willow fishtrap weaving.

Come and say hello if you're coming along

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE