Crampballs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bribri

Forager
Mar 18, 2014
manchester
Well' ive serched and serched for crampballs, and i cant find any from were im from! (Manchester) so a very very kind member on here sent me a few in the post. And i have to say OMG how light are they' ive never felt or handled them b4. So like a big kid i rushed home after work like it was xmas lol im 35!! Cant wait to use one :):):)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Haha.. Glad you are happy with them, though they are a tad heavier when still wet. Usually you can tell if they are ready to use straight from the tree by how heavy they feel. :thumbup:

bribri

Forager
Mar 18, 2014
manchester
Id say they r well a truely dry now' im made up with them and very impressed. :)

Mick721

Oct 29, 2012
Sunderland
I found a small area in my local woodland where they grow. First time I've ever seen them round here so I'm quite happy that I've got a good supply. As long as the local vandals don't destroy them all like they seem to have done with most of them.

Chilliphil

Forager
Nov 16, 2013
Hampshire
I found one on some dead ash in my garden this weekend!! I've got some other dead branches as well. Any way of encouraging them to grow on the other branches so I have my own supply?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

shack

Nomad
Mar 30, 2007
Devon
they appear to spore so would stick some logs with cramp balls in with other ash logs and let us all know what happens, I have some infected logs under a bush in the back garden that still produces 'fruit', if you have some already the question is 'how many do you need?'

Chilliphil

Forager
Nov 16, 2013
Hampshire
I've put the branches together, got one chunky branch that I reckon would be perfect to grow them on. Only got one cramp ball so far, can you ever have too many...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

bribri

Forager
Mar 18, 2014
manchester
I know' ive got a few now' so they will last me a good few years a recon lol got a fair bit ov tinder fungus too' so i will take it easy with the crampballs :) :) and loads ov char cloth :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE