Craghopper 'Bear Grylls' Nosquito Long-sleeved Adventure Travel Shirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I too would rather serve up Waylands liver with a dish of onions..........:D

I like onions (but don't like offal however tender)

Red

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Give BG a break! He needs some way to afford 5 star accommodation when he makes his next series of Born Survivor...

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
To be fair to Craghoppers, it did look like BG was wearing their kit in at least some of the episodes, which kinda suggests the sponsorship/deal was done before they was filmed, hence they couldn't be expected to know how he'd gone about doing it or exactly what it would contain.

Having a pair of the pre BG Nosquito pants I've been hoping to get a cheap Nosquito shirt, so just ordered one from Cotswolds.

I guess next time I'm hungry in the Sahara I can unravel the pocket logo, make a line and using the red BG flash as a lure, wait for the sun to rise, then sprint over to the nearest mirage to catch me Kraken for supper.

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
I don't think this is the same shirt but the short sleeved t shirt from Craghoppers with the BG design on the front is for sale for £10 in MacKinnon Mills at Coatbridge. This is the Edinburgh Woollen Mills factory/ frachise type warehouse store.

Perhaps of more interest:
The £35 Craghoppers trousers (kiwi?) are at £17.50 and the shorts for £19. The zip apart leg ones are at £20. All Craghopper fleeces are half price too.

Good range of colouurs and sizes available.

Guess where I was shopping yesterday ? :eek:

cheers,
Toddy

p.s. Usual disclaimer, no connection to the store.

Interesting I live quite close to this place.
Thanks for the heads up. I'd normally steer clear but I'll check this out tomorrow.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Craghoppers have already reduced a load of the BG endorsed items, including the trousers to £30. Looks like BG will have to slum it in a 4 star hotel for his next series.:D

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Glad to see i'm not the only one who's upset the Craghopper staff at the outlet village Arkangel:lmao:

I like the Craghoppers range, they're very good and do what they say on the label - within reason, and witht he discount store at the outlet village in York you can pick up a bargain.
However i detest BG with a passion and haven't bought anything with his name on it. I'm all for consumarism, but i draw the line at having that idiots name on my clothes - i'd feel a dick :p

However, a very good write up and i'm even tempted to go out and buy one based on your review.

They've even reduced the prices on his named gear at Blacks in York!!!

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
The big Blacks shop in Northampton, where the Blacks company HQ is, has also dropped prices on its BG product range................interstingly the shelves of the BG collection seem to be very full compared to other sale items.

Nah, I would'nt eat Wayland liver with onions even if served up with a fine Chianti.

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
I got a catalogue through the door this morning and there is a sale on till the 31 August 08, but some of the discounts are not on the web site. If you are going to order stuff maybe best to phone and ask them.

J

jackmcmanus21

Craghoppers have already reduced a load of the BG endorsed items, including the trousers to £30. Looks like BG will have to slum it in a 4 star hotel for his next series.:D

haha "slum it"

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
reason, and witht he discount store at the outlet village in York you can pick up a bargain.
However i detest BG with a passion and haven't bought anything with his name on it. I'm all for consumarism, but i draw the line at having that idiots name on my clothes - i'd feel a dick

Good. We can both feel dicks together. (k-yuk, k-yuk)

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I'd rather serve up my liver with a dish of onions that endorse that son of a politician.

By the way, I hate onion and I'm not keen on eating my own liver either. :tapedshut

Is your liver up for grabs if you don't want it can I have it :D and what can be said about BG I think he has done for the corp what Robert Mugabee has done for tact and diplomacy

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
So the argument is not whether the clothing is actually any good, but rather what name is embroidered on it.
The fact that it's well made clothing from a brand that has made good stuff in the past, with good features doesn't matter. The only thing you are basing your opinion on is the label.
That's a little shallow don't you think?
I'm sorry, but I think a few people around here are taking themselves a little too seriously.
Life is too short.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
So the argument is not whether the clothing is actually any good, but rather what name is embroidered on it.
The fact that it's well made clothing from a brand that has made good stuff in the past, with good features doesn't matter. The only thing you are basing your opinion on is the label.
That's a little shallow don't you think?
I'm sorry, but I think a few people around here are taking themselves a little too seriously.
Life is too short.

Not really, most of us have been having a light-hearted laugh about it and do recognize that the kit itself is good but we don't want to be seen to endorse Bear Grylls.

Would you want to be seen wearing a t-shirt that endorsed somebody you disapproved of or didn't suit your image in public places?

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Most of my walking cloths are Craghoppers in fact I am sat here at work warring a pair of zip off kiwi's and a fleece jumper as I type, I am a big fan. I have also got one of the pre BG nosquito travel shirts, the one with the zip off sleeves, and it is always the first thing I pack for holidays. It is just so cool and as mentioned in the review it dries ridiculously fast.

It is worth noting the craghoppers upto 50% off sale is on at the moment so a lot of the retailers are pass on the discount's as though it is there own sale;)

Also if you are in the north west, I popped into Windfields today (it was cold in the office and that fleece I said I was wearing was not what I left the house in :D) and they have a load of craghoppers (and others) in the sale area.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE