Craftsmen are still out there

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
People sometimes talk of craft skills being long gone in this country, well, as of this morning, you can all say, hand on heart, that there are still craftsmen alive and kicking

DSCF1756Small.jpg

DSCF1755Small.jpg

DSCF1758Small.jpg

Wonderful quality, courtesy of Longstrider :You_Rock_

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
I'm really glad you like the knife Richard. ;)

Richeadon, I made the thing from a Lauri blade (From AttAcc).I had to polish off the black forge scale to get it looking like that though. I made the brass fittings from bar stock and the wood is a mixture of cocobolo and African blackwood. I put a red vulcanised fibre spacer between the brass and the wood at either end, and a very thin black and very thin white vulc fibre spacer between each piece of wood. For contrast I made sure that the white spacer was always against the blackwood.

The sheath is of about 3mm thick veg tan leather with what I think of a tapered "fillet" behind the welt to prevent the handle trying to push the welt away from the back of the sheath.

Thanks for the kind comments on this guys, but I'm far from alone in making stuff. Pop over to the Xmas Brantub thread in the Full Members Forum once we have all opened our pressies and you'll see all the lovely stuff that gets passed from one brantubber to another. ;)

Tack

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2005
West Midlands
Hi,
I have to say, that sheath really is superb, the design with the swinger style belt loop and the beautiful rich colour - superb!
Tack

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE