COVID-19 Research - could you help?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Hello all, and apologies to the mods if this is not acceptable.

I know I have been on here a while, and only a small number of you actually know me in person, but I bet you all can help the NHS with something. I am a critical care nurse researcher in the NHS and a collaborator investigator on a covid genetics study.

*serious hat on*

I know some of you, have unfortunately had covid and been ill at home, if you have or any of your family and friends have had a positive swab or positive antibodies tewould you consider supporting this importantGenOMICC study.

Please consider signing up for this study - we are trying to understand the genetics of this disease so we can find more targeted treatments. It’s a simple one off blood test that a nurse can do at your house. You can sign up online.

Details at www.covid.GenOMICC.org

For every ICU patient we recruit, we need 5 people from the community as well thathave had covid and not needed to be hospitalised. We have recruited nearly ten thousand ICU patients now, so need lots more community participants to complete our datasets.

*serious hat off*

hopefully this is okay to post

thanks
Ed

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Ok, so I never had a test while ill but I am confirmed as having had it after the fact by donating plasma and Covid-19 antibodies. There’s no option for that - can I just say that I had a blood sample test?

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Ok, so I never had a test while ill but I am confirmed as having had it after the fact by donating plasma and Covid-19 antibodies. There’s no option for that - can I just say that I had a blood sample test?
Yes you can, you can register and enter that, then a researcher will contact you when they have an icu recruit that matches your demographic etc, not everybody gets contacted straight away, but there is no time limit on the genetic blood test and you can say no if you change your mind later :)

Reactions: Stew

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
My Gf has had covid back in (edit soon) just been moved from regular ward to a Covid ward HDU nurse and has just had the OXAZ vaccine yesterday. We are convinced that I had Covid a few months back but after 2 swab tests and a home blood test everything came back negative.

I will sign up as she has already done it.

Reactions: MrEd

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Yes you can, you can register and enter that, then a researcher will contact you when they have an icu recruit that matches your demographic etc, not everybody gets contacted straight away, but there is no time limit on the genetic blood test and you can say no if you change your mind later :)

Signed up!

Reactions: MrEd

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
My Gf has had covid back in (edit soon) just been moved from regular ward to a Covid ward HDU nurse and has just had the OXAZ vaccine yesterday. We are convinced that I had Covid a few months back but after 2 swab tests and a home blood test everything came back negative.

I will sign up as she has already done it.
Cheers bud, they will say no to you if you haven’t had a positive swab or blood test though - sorry, they are recruiting based solely on symptoms currently

glad your girlfriend is improving though, and had been able to have the vaccine :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE