Courgette Glut Ideas!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Lunch.....coarsely grate a large courgette.
Finely grate a 6" carrot.
Finely slice up half of a bunch of syboes.
Crumble up a slice of bread.
Chop up half a red pepper (just what I had left, tbh)
Grate up cheese (I was using up leftovers for lunch, there was cheddar, smoked applewood, and a bit of parmesan) ......about a mugful or a decent big handful.
Season very well with ground pepper, salt, parsley, rosemary and sage and smoked paprika.
MIx really well.
Add two eggs and mix thoroughly.

I greased a loaf tin with butter and spooned the mixture into it. Levelled it off and put it into a 180˚C oven for about 40minutes.

Delicious :D and it used up the huge courgette (mini marrow :rolleyes: !) nicely :)

It lifted clean out of the loaf tin too, and the left over slice disappeared by teatime.
It was as nice cold as it was hot.

M

Reactions: Broch

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'd forgotten the goonie bird :D

That Sycamore is now over 100ft high :rolleyes: and the cat is a long time dead :sigh: and the other side of the burn now has 90 flats on it :mad:

The only really bushcrafty thing I did today was slice up a fomes fomentarius, and grate up some chaga for tea.

I inadvertently got my hands covered in gypsywort when weeding the mints though.....I can see why it's so named.

p.s. I went looking, and lo and behold that old thread is still alive !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE