Copper and Silver - Long term water disinfection

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

General Strike

Forager
May 22, 2013
United Kingdom
Silver ion based material is used in a lot of sports/miltary clothing and some deodorants to prevent bacterial growth and therefore unpleasant smells. I'd be interested to find out why (if) it works.

I've noticed a lot of silver-based antiperspirants appeared a couple of years ago - however now they have almost entirely disappeared (unfortunate for a stinker like me). I wonder if grey armpit syndrome is the reason that they're no longer to be found?

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I'd be avoiding taking silver into my system if I can.
The affects of colloidal silver are particularly unsightly.
look up Rosemary Jacobs on Google.

Apart from that, pretty much what Toddy has already pointed out.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
She could earn a fortune on a box in Covent Garden...

Do need to get a hand pump for our well, for watering the garden if nothing else

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I saw a pump that was run by a bicycle contraption. Somewhere....for the life of me I cannot mind where :eek:
It looked a good way of keeping munchkins out of mischief I thought :D
My Granny used to set my bother and me to work with an old stirrup pump to help her water her garden :) Never hear of them now, but there were masses of them around at one time. I suppose they must have used them in the war somehow :dunno:

Argyria's not a pleasant thing to suffer from I reckon. I'm told that nowadays it can be lasered, like old tattoos, but it's not a perfect result. I suppose with a little creative work someone could end up borglike, sort of a plain grey 7of9 sort of thing.

M

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I saw a pump that was run by a bicycle contraption. Somewhere....for the life of me I cannot mind where :eek:
It looked a good way of keeping munchkins out of mischief I thought :D
My Granny used to set my bother and me to work with an old stirrup pump to help her water her garden :) Never hear of them now, but there were masses of them around at one time. I suppose they must have used them in the war somehow :dunno:

Argyria's not a pleasant thing to suffer from I reckon. I'm told that nowadays it can be lasered, like old tattoos, but it's not a perfect result. I suppose with a little creative work someone could end up borglike, sort of a plain grey 7of9 sort of thing.

M

Ahh, so there's a good side to it then?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE