Cool F1 Kydex Setup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Great looking sheath, i'd like to try working with kydex some time.
Looks like it would work well for carry on a back pack strap in the inverted position, i carry my WM1 on my pack strap that way and it's always to hand.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
It's a great way to carry with a pack , means it's not in the way of the belt.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Good looking sheath there HD.
I hope you don't mind a few questions, can you tell me a bit more about the "tec loc" mentioned in the spiel, please.
I'm trying to invent a clip that would allow a belt loop sheath to be carried on a pair of trousers without a belt - kind of clip the pouch/sheath onto it and the whole affair onto a waistband - the tec loc looks as though it might be a step forward.
RB I'm also thinking of an inverted sheath (for a fixed blade) as I wear braces a lot, though the idea of moving a blade upwards near your own chest/throat area is a bit frightening :eek: I had a rescue knife in the mob that you could opt for either a lower leg carry or upper arm inverted carry.
Seems Kydex is the way to go when you want positive retention of an inverted blade.

ATB

Ogri the trog

RobG

Oct 19, 2006
MD, USA
From the U.S knifekit.com website, under Kydex Supplies:

teklock.jpg

Tek-Lok (Sheath Mounting System)

The Tek-Lok is a great belt loop system that works on Kydex and Concealex belt sheaths or gun sheaths. This locking system allows the knife or gun to be carried in the Vertical or Horizontal position on your belt or web gear. The Tek-Lok works like a door swinging closed and snapping into place for a secured carry. The Tek-Lok can be unlocked and removed via a specially designed molded pair of friction-grip press handles from its sides. The hole spacing set up for the Tek-Lok is 1 inch on its centers.

Large Tek-Lok : 2.25 x 2 Inside Dimensions : Fits belts from 2.25 to 1.25.
Small Tek-Lok : 1.5 x 1.5 Inside Dimensions : Fits 1.5 belts and smaller. Great for small field accessories and electronics.

Mounting Hardware: Includes, 2, 3/8 posts, 2, 1/2 screws and 2, 1/4 "sound silencing" spacers.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Thanks RobG,
A quick look at the website and their Beltloops look to be more suited for what I want, though I won't dismiss the tec-locs just yet.

Thanks Buddy

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE