Cool DIY alcohol fuel bottle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Geoffrey

Forager
Oct 3, 2004
Maine
HI guys, glad to see the forum is back up and running.

Found a metal bottle at my local Wal Mart that I think would make a great alcohol fuel bottle.

Its a engine oil additive bottle, I think made by Wyse, not really sure who.

Anyways its a metal, not sure what kind, with a nice child proof top.

Probably holds around 400mls.

It just has a sticker around the bottle, I removed that and cleaned off the tape residue.

Here is a pic of the bottle. (hope this works)

Let me know what you guys think.

Geoffrey[/SIZE]

OhCanada

Forager
Feb 26, 2005
Eastern Canada
What a waste of a good Brandy heating bottle. Just joking, nice find; never would have thought metal bottles were still out there.

It it was a regular top, maybe you could add a leather cover to the plastic top for a more old fashioned look.

I use pop bottles but if you want a childproof top for a plastic bottle use a Nyquil bottle. It also comes with a measuring cup that is recommended for filling your stove. If you fill directly from your fuel bottle and you stove wasn't as cool as you thought, you could have a serious burn to the hand.

I got my AT stove from www.minibulldesign.com and am waiting for their lantrin kit.

Geoffrey

Forager
Oct 3, 2004
Maine
Thanks for the suggestion of adding the leather top, great idea.

Also Wynn is the brand of engine treatment that this bottle came from.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE