Cookware - Chestnut Pans, Fry Pans

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Was down in Bath the other day, my old stomping ground for about 5 years. As well as annual trip to gaze a bikes in Total Fitness (which has moved - I nearly had a heart attack!) I dropped into a really good kitchen shop called "Kitchen Catering Utensils Ltd" on Quiet Street. It's the sort of place that sells all those weird and wonderful kitchen gadgets as well as usual cooking stuff. Unfortunately, I have a kitchen equipment 'thing' and, whilst I just went in to browse, it was inevitable that I would not be walking out empty-handed.

I managed to pick up a chestnut roasting pan (£6.95) and a black iron frying pan (£13.50) - note that it's not cast iron so is a less fragile.

The frying pan has the long handle that's so useful for campfire cooking (but take a tea-towel/oven glove!). The pan needs seasoning but this is pretty easy - wipe all over with thin layer of veg oil, 1 hour upside down in 200 deg C oven, let it cool in the oven. Don't use soap on the pan as it affects the 'patina' (Woo! Look at me and my la-di-da words!).

So, if you're after camp cooking pans (that's pans for cooking whilst at a camp), you could do a lot worse than these.

Corking shop!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE