Considering upgrading my Canoe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
Afternoon folks,

After a bit of an absence from boating, I'm getting back into it and so are my kids.

I currently have a Old town Discovery and its a stable beast and paddles well, but I've had a play in other boats over the years and they paddle very well!

I'm looking for a bit of advice, what boats would be good to upgrade to bearing in mind that it will be used for solo and short paddling trips tandem

Thanks

Drew

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Are you after something a bit lighter Drew? A Prospector like munkiboi says would be grand, I have the Nova Craft Bob Special which would just about cope for short tandem trips but makes a cracking solo tripper.

DSC01909.jpg

What sort of water do you paddle, and don't say the wet kind :)

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
Thanks all

I like the look and price, but don't think a fibre glass hull will suit my uses.

Thinking of looking out for a second hand Novacraft or Mad river. . . .

The more I look into this, the more I think my Daystate may have to go to fund a new boat!

Drew

Maxip

Forager
Dec 2, 2011
Cumbria, UK
I recently got a Mad River Explorer 16 TT and am very impressed with it. Handles very well solo (albeit on short / flat trips so far) but is a bit heavy to get on the roofracks easily solo. Worth checking SoTP Classifieds as there are a few boats for sale there.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
I am a huge fan of old town canoes, I use an old town solo which i love, I also have an Old Town guide 147 because the wife wanted to get involved in it with me:(.
Luckily she did not like paddleing at all, and i got fed up doing all the work, so she does not canoe any more!:)
I now have for sale the Old town Guide 147 which i bought brand new about 4 years ago at £699.00 from Brighton Canoes, and has only been used about 4 times and stored upside down in a garage!
I have it advertised for £550.00 else where, but if anyone here is interested, PM me and we can discuss price! I may even through in a paddle!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE