conkers...

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
in a discussion today at work someone suggested that one of the best ways to toughen up a conker for a match is to get it onto a pig in one piece, wait until its come out the other end, dry it out and bobs yer champion conker.

there are ethical issues about getting it into the pig (you have to push a large pipe down its throat and chuck the conker in apparently).

i was interested to know what extremes others go to in order to get that champion?

woodmunky

Forager
Oct 3, 2006
Surrey
It's like you see them there as you walk through the woods... "Hmm... thats a winner!"

Used to be the "cheese-cutter" style that won it LOL

Does anyone know if the vinegar boiling technique ever worked?????

They should make it part of the P.E syllabus now! :)

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
In brighton, they have even chopped down some horse chestnut trees, in fear of being sued......World has gone mad...... :banghead:

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
locum76 said:
in a discussion today at work someone suggested that one of the best ways to toughen up a conker for a match is to get it onto a pig in one piece, wait until its come out the other end, dry it out and bobs yer champion conker.

there are ethical issues about getting it into the pig (you have to push a large pipe down its throat and chuck the conker in apparently).

i was interested to know what extremes others go to in order to get that champion?

An alternative solution for if you cannot find a willing pig (!?). When I was a kid (a couple of weeks ago) we used to put them in the oven - as long as you dont leave them for too long (in which case they crumble apart) it makes them really hard. :naughty:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
here is my conker

Oct13430.jpg
[/IMG]

There are few sights in nature as beautiful as a conker in its shell.

(kittens dont like to play with them though...)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE