Conifer Resin Christmas Offer!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Prompted by a recent thread about Bushcrafting for people without access to the natural world, I have an offer. I am surrounded by coniferous woodland and many of the trees exude lots of lovely resin. If anyone would like some then PM me and I'll collect it and pack it off to you. :)

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Hi Fred

What an offer. :lmao:

I am always on the lookout for the stuff with only limited success so far.

I am looking to make up some Elder Glue sticks. They are particularly useful for making Antler tipped Atlatl sticks and for glueing the flint arrows onto the darts.

I have PM'd you my details.

Cheers

Seoras

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
For those new to the delights of conifer resin, its not only glue that it is good for. Dried and crumbled it helps a fire get established and can also be chewed just like chewing gum - but make certain that it is dry - trying to clean unhardenend resin off your teeth is quite a task :eek:

ATB

Ogri the trog

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
jon r said:
How do you go about tapping this stuff? :confused:
There are a lot of conifers near me and i would love to know how? :)
I go on the lookout for trees that have been damaged. They often seep out resin to protect the damaged area. Look along forest rides or anywhere forestry work has been carried out. Sometimes it takes quite a while to collect enough but the smell is great. I sometimes put some in one of these candle scented oil burners and imagine I'm back in the woods. Sad I know! :)

CheeseMonster

Forager
Dec 11, 2006
Shropshire
Nah sounds pretty cool actually, especially on those cold windy nights when stupid weather has decided to keep us indoors. I'll have to keep my eyes open for some locally and have a go myself!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE