Bird call identification

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Those who know me know I am very deaf. I have lost entire bands of hearing right across where speech is most common. I can't hear my quietly spoken husband and son when they're talking even just across the table from me :sigh:
But, I hear every wee beep and cheep, every bird out there. My world isn't silent, just kind of filtered, sort of. I am becoming usefully good at lip reading :)

Where I live we have trees, lots and lots of trees, and a great many species all close together. We have an impressive array of wildlife for being now so suburban. The range of birds is a constant quiet pleasure :) A starling in full voice is an entire orchestra to it's own wee self :)
Sometimes though, even though I can hear the bird, I don't know what it is, so finding good clear easily heard recognition sites is a good thing :)

This one from the Woodland Trust, for instance :cool:

The recent thread on nuthatches had me looking for them online. They're not common up here, but I thought that they were some kind of upside down, bandit looking, bird. I found them on that site, and have it in mind now that they're the Morse Code bird :)

M

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
The recent thread on nuthatches had me looking for them online. They're not common up here, but I thought that they were some kind of upside down, bandit looking, bird. I found them on that site, and have it in mind now that they're the Morse Code bird :)

M

I know what you mean - too many dit dit dits but definitely recognisable da da das :)

Reactions: Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE