Condor Bushlore hybrid?

Oct 10, 2010
Cornwall. UK
hey guys
i have just recived my condor bushlore form Heinnie Haynes, and when i was opening the package to my shock i thought i had recieved the older model because of the thick stock

after removing the blade cover thingy i found that it had been ground right the way to the handle, i am pleased with this because ive got the full thick stock and a scandi edge,

has anyone else seen this,

pics will be up later on
many thanks
Dan

Oct 10, 2010
Cornwall. UK
20110729_002.jpg
[/IMG]
20110729_003.jpg
[/IMG]
20110729_004.jpg
[/IMG]
20110729_005.jpg
[/IMG]
20110729_008.jpg
[/IMG]

Oct 10, 2010
Cornwall. UK
i was going to sand them but i found out that it was actually quite a nice grip, it isnt the best finished handle in the world, but i prefer my tools to be a bit rough then im not afraid to use them :D

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Loving those photos. Most photos of knives on here are taken on a random bit of reindeer fur, maybe set on a length of driftwood that's no doubt lying in the back garden with a bit of freshly prepared chunk of Tesco meat.
All looking dead bushcrafty and serious.

Taking the photo of your new (and quite nice) knife on a dotty sofa gives it a touch of realism.

Oct 10, 2010
Cornwall. UK
thanks for all the comments, so far i am really liking the 1075 steel, i have used it for alot of carving and all it has ever seen is a strop, no stones have touched this blade :D

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Is it just me or have they addressed the issue in this case just by regrinding the old knives i.e the E in El Salvador has been ground out in the process ?

This would mean that the thicker stock knives with that longer edge are limited in availability as the new version is thinner I believe, still potentially good value at the price

Oct 10, 2010
Cornwall. UK
out of the box the edge was decent but about 5 minutes on a strop and it was shaving sharp, and yes i think they have just re ground an older model, which for me i don't mind, more steel for the money!!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE