Condensed milk tubes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Had an accident. Tripped in the kitchen & fell into the larder. A tin of condensed milk fell out & as I struggled to regain my balance I reeled across the room & knocked a can opener out of the drawer. As luck would have it, they collided and as I rebounded, the can burst open & a quantity poured into my coffee. A mess was avoided as there happened to be a small ramekin lying just where the tin tipped. Took ages to clean that with a teaspoon... :D

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
I've been using these since about 2005
They clean easy to use again and are ideal for SCM, jam, margarine, peanut butter, soft cheese etc.

Student Christian Movement?

Supply Chain Management?

Software Configuration Manager?

:confused:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Sweetened condensed milk, I don't like abbreviations much but as the whole thread is about sweetened condensed milk I honestly thought that the average person would have made the connection.

My mistake and I apologise

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
How about a DCM sandwich that were a favorite on Tiswas ?

I tried it once when i was a kid and almost puked it was sooo sweet !

Craig........

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Had an accident. Tripped in the kitchen & fell into the larder. A tin of condensed milk fell out & as I struggled to regain my balance I reeled across the room & knocked a can opener out of the drawer. As luck would have it, they collided and as I rebounded, the can burst open & a quantity poured into my coffee. A mess was avoided as there happened to be a small ramekin lying just where the tin tipped. Took ages to clean that with a teaspoon... :D

You know the squeezy bottle rules!

LN_082931_BP_10.jpg

Gotte

Nomad
Oct 9, 2010
Here and there
Anyone know how long they last unrefrigerated and opened? I've used them when cycle touring, but have kept them in a filled water bottle, for good measure.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
its bad here Jonny mate,......only just got in,....

been sat ont A66 and then A1 for a bit,.........thought i was gonna have to break out the car brew stuff,......

Mrs Raikes is not happy,...she missed Take Me Out!!! (she loves Paddy)

Should I bother going in tomorrow then mate? :)

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Should I bother going in tomorrow then mate? :)

yeah,...its nearly all melted now,...

i,m headed north in the morning (Toon) ,...but back over your way tuesday,...whats it like?

the car really doesnt like snow,..hahahaha

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
yeah,...its nearly all melted now,...

i,m headed north in the morning (Toon) ,...but back over your way tuesday,...whats it like?

the car really doesnt like snow,..hahahaha

Mine neither, it's still ditched in town after not making it up the street last night. I'm gonna try and blag work for a set of Autosocks tomorrow.

We had a fair bit last night, the main roads are clear but the smaller roads are still dodgy, I thought it might be freezing tonight but it's still melting at the mo.

Not as exciting as your journey but it took us four and a half hours to get home from Melton Mowbray last night, the first route was completely blocked by a sideways HGV meaning we had to turn back and head 16 miles in the opposite direction. The A1 was pretty bad, only one lane clear with tracks from the HGVs to follow, by the time we reached Donny it was lot clearer.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Mine neither, it's still ditched in town after not making it up the street last night. I'm gonna try and blag work for a set of Autosocks tomorrow.

We had a fair bit last night, the main roads are clear but the smaller roads are still dodgy, I thought it might be freezing tonight but it's still melting at the mo.

Not as exciting as your journey but it took us four and a half hours to get home from Melton Mowbray last night, the first route was completely blocked by a sideways HGV meaning we had to turn back and head 16 miles in the opposite direction. The A1 was pretty bad, only one lane clear with tracks from the HGVs to follow, by the time we reached Donny it was lot clearer.

Should of popped in for a cuppa Rich

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Should of popped in for a cuppa Rich

I wish I had mate, it was a long night

We were going to our kids house in Loughborough but we got stuck on the A607 just past Kirby Bellars, the slightest of hills but nobody was getting up. We turned round and headed for Grantham and the A1, I knew there was a dodgy dip that way but we just managed to creep up the other side.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Anyone know how long they last unrefrigerated and opened? I've used them when cycle touring, but have kept them in a filled water bottle, for good measure.

With that much sugar, they'd probably last quite a while. Does it not say on the tube?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

You'll have used it before it goes off, I am guessing but I'd say at the minimum a week. I've had tubes kicking around that long or more after opening in the house and not stored in the fridge.

Squeeze Tubes
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coghlans-...048?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6f5d1b90

Energy packed snack is a banana sandwich made with butter and condensed milk.

For those who find it too sweet don't forget good old fashioned evaporated milk :) I prefer it to dried milk (even full fat dried) and once open it will last a lot longer than fresh milk when camping.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
As detailed above, this thread caused me to open a tin of condensed milk which I've been consuming since. It expired in 08/2009 apparently!

Dec 16, 2007
Woolworths here in Oz are still selling the coffee and milk in a tube stuff. Also get the tube of milk in the Oz rat packs. It is the koalas nuts mate.
I have a little bit in my morning espresso yum yum.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE