Condensed milk tubes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Damn. Never thought of that. How many brews can you get per tube? Looks like supermarket int morning as i head out.
Should be fun digging the car out first.

Mountainm and Raikey. Hows the snow out by yourselves.

its bad here Jonny mate,......only just got in,....

been sat ont A66 and then A1 for a bit,.........thought i was gonna have to break out the car brew stuff,......

Mrs Raikes is not happy,...she missed Take Me Out!!! (she loves Paddy)

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
I seem to remember that in NZ you could get the same stuff but with coffee already added, a squeeze of that and some hot water and you had an instant cup of nasty, sweet, milky weak coffee. Gopping! but the missus liked it!

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Ah. Pretty crappy here to but just replenished the car gear today so happy to get stuck as it will give me a little peace.
Gonna try for a morning out tomorrow but deffo calling for some of these condensed milk tubes. Bet there nice in hot chocky too.
Oh and by the way im sure that necker you did for me hates me. Its forever biting my fingers and leaving claret all over the place. Its had some hammer and still doing the buisness.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Ive been doing that for brews for about 25 years , i use the refillable tubes you can open a tin and pour it in then seal the end . does enough for about twenty large cups but then again it might do ten if you like it sweeter .

Craig........

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
boil it for over an hour and you get nice toffee like sticky sweets. just drop a can of consd milk In a pan of boiling water and constantly keep and eye otherwise you have an explosive device to blow in your face in camp. cheers the interceptor boy.

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Ive been using it for years to, the nestle carnation tube from tesco
it has a shelf life of about a year, once opened only a few weeks.
much easier than using powdered milk, no lumps.

main use is as a sweet treat as its very caramel like, better than buying mars bars, easy to much one handed, have a quick sugar fix then back in pocket, no mess, no chocolate fingers etc.

the mrs uses in making home made posh chocolates, so left over from the tinm becomes a good tv snack

Al

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE