Comrie Croft meet up?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 14, 2009
glasgow
Ta very mutch also how far outside carlisle is it would most likly be traveling by buss btw if anyone wants to learn to sharpen knives axes ECG would be willing to bring the old oil stones along

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2009
glasgow
Should be good
Btw is that room for hamock and tarp or will I hv to use a bivi bag sorry ment creif my phone corrected spelling To carlisle

Last edited:

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
So the dates we are aiming for are Sat 6th and Sun 7th? DO you know the costs pppn? Do you know if people wanted to go up on the Friday, whether or not that would be okay, or are we bestter asking ourselves etc. ?

Cheers,

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
sorry - I thought I put prices up

the cost is £9 PPPN - I see no reason why you can't go up on the friday. - I will be!

there is plenty of room for a hammock though you will be away from the main group.

Andy

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Would be nice to see you again Russ. - it'll be a year since I made those carving knives for you. lol.
- I spoke with Toddy and she suggested that the main focus of this meet will be forging, tool care, repair and sharpening + firelighting. (+man knitting and drinking ) but obviously there will be other things going on too. - not to mention it is nice to just have a good old natter with like minded people!

rather looking forward to this now!

looks to be around 20-30 folk saying they will attend at the minute. - I'm ringing CC tomorrow to confirm everything and I'll put up a post saying so.

all the best lads and ladies!
Andy

Last edited:

Tracyann

Oct 6, 2010
Scotland
This is the kind of thing I would love to be at, I would not be able to get there though, well not this year anyway. We are out in Morvern, loads of room in our garden if anyone wants to head up this way fishing in future. Just now is a good time for getting food.
We are a family of 5 and my youngest has a form of autism, so basically I can not go anywhere without him. Is this the sort of thing children are welcome? what about dogs? just wondering for maybe a future one.

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
We had children and dogs last year. - though to call one of then a dog is stretching the imagination - he was more of a horse! lol.

Tracyann

Oct 6, 2010
Scotland
good stuff, I have 2 mad collies and they never get left behind when we go. actually they help keep us warm when camping fleas ticks and all.
my 3 boys love camping and fishing. it sounds like a great thing for kids to be part of and learning about that sort of stuff.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Whether I make it along or not you're welcome to use the group 'chute.

I do quite fancy a meet though, haven't been to one in ages.

Gailainne

Life Member
I might come along to this as well, catch up with a few folk. BTW the hammock spots are just up the hill from where we normally put up the parachute, 20-30 yards at most, enough distance to get a good nights sleep if you are of a mind ;)

Cant help with the big pots, only Toddy and Patrick have bushmeet sized ones as far as I'm aware

Stephen

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
just got off the phone with CC and we are a go for camping and the various activities we want to do :D

- but I am awaiting a return call to confirm that we can use the hall as there is a wedding on that weekend - staying in the barn I believe. - not the end of the world if we can't use it but it would help. - I'll post as soon as I know.

Andy

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
right then - just got off the phone with CC

We DO NOT have the use of the hall as the Wedding party will be using it over the weekend. - I suspect however that we may be able to use it on the friday for a bit. - Andrew also said the there might be other sheltered space we could use. - Sorry about that everyone! - they weren't sure if we could use it last week but it looked promising.

I hope that doesn't put any one off. - it just means that we will be outside more of the time.

so to confirm everything

we are staying here: - http://www.comriecroft.com/

Prices are £9 PPPN - all details of how to get there etc are on the website.

The main focus of the weekend will be forging, tool care. repair, sharpening and firelighting. - there will be other things going on of course. - I have not doubt that some one will bring a few toys for us to play with - not to mention the odd dram.

We have a few very kind offers to bring along some big pots for stew - as per last year if people could make a contribution to veg and a bit of money towards getting a joint of meat that would be appreciated. - but make sure you have enough food and something to cook with for yourself (duh)

There are open fire pits dotted around the camp and there will be at least one parachute shelter up with a big fire for people to congregate in.

There are also plenty of spaces for hammocks and such like.

SWMBO, children and dogs welcome. - common sense applies (we had a wee lad burn his hand last year)

with regards to forging - as far as I know I am the only one going who has done this but if anyone is experienced then you are more than welcome to use my kit. - lessons and demo's are available from me. - ideally if you can bring some steel that would be great!

I think I have covered everything.

All the best - I'm going to go write my dissertation now.

Andy

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE