Comrie Croft meet up?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
If theres a meet next year i'd love to come along.

I'm just starting out in Bushcraft and have next to no kit, thats my winter project trying to buy/make everything i'll need.

Hope you all have fun and i look forward to meeting you.

Tom

Due to a kind lift by Locum76, I turned up at Comrie Croft last year with no "bushcraft" kit - apart from my Wellies.

A really friendly mob and uber helpful.

I was able to watch quite a few skills being passed on.

The highlight for me was watching "Man the Hunter" head for a fish supper from the Chippy in Crieff - as all the stew was gone.

You'll have a great time.

Early November for me as I'm on the H4H Jock Crawl (charity pub crawl/tin rattling) at the end of October.

Liam

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
But I decided on chicken so that I could catch and pluck it myself.

You missed that bit out.;)

Hahahahaha - I mentioned no names.

I never saw your triumphant return as I'd "shot the craw" by then.

The stew looked good, though I'd left before it was ready, the dog enjoyed the reindeer bones etc that I begged.

hatethatgiraffe

Forager
Jan 9, 2010
Glasgow
I have little outdoors kit, no skills (I can teach anyone interested to man knit) but a fair few knives!
As long as there is vodka to keep me warm I think my lack of decent kit wouldn't be too much of an issue!
Shift permitting and swmbo not going off on one I could be interested :)

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I have little outdoors kit, no skills (I can teach anyone interested to man knit) but a fair few knives!
As long as there is vodka to keep me warm I think my lack of decent kit wouldn't be too much of an issue!
Shift permitting and swmbo not going off on one I could be interested :)

I'd be interested in having a wee go HTG. - would be nice to meet you too bud.

Andy

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
yup - That's the date I had CC pencil in for us. - got the go ahead for doing some smithing again too. I'm going to call them up in a few days just to confirm it all.

Cheers

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Right then lady's and gents - looks to me like this is a goer! :D:D:D

I'll call up CC again later on this week to confirm everything with them. - As far as I know we can use the hall and we have a free run of the field but I'll double check everything and let you lot know.

I'll be bringing the forging stuff once again - but I'm a bit better than I was last year and a bit more organised. so....
If you want to have a go at forging let me know! - if you want to make a knife it would be great if you could bring some steel with you.

Cheers
Andy

I've swapped a holiday I had booked so that I can make this
banana.gif

Can bring some car booty' files, and bits n bobs, and think ive got a couple of bags of bbq charcoal going spare?
:campfire::cool:

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Would love to have abash at hitting hot metal - tried a little myself but :facepalm: lol So will be very good to actually see someone who knows what they are doing. Looking forward to this.. :D

Cheers,

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
never mind. - maybe next year.

- a note to all who are attending - particularly those who were there last year - can some one bring big pots again and maybe we could get another stew going! - I would but I don't have any! :(

I'm sure everyone would be happy contributing some veg and a couple of quid towards some meat.

all the best

Andy

Dec 14, 2009
glasgow
I'd really like to make this meet have been meaning to go to the moot for a while this would be even beter as is closer if . Btw anyone has any experience rehandling axes iv got 3 heads that need handles

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I'd really like to make this meet have been meaning to go to the moot for a while this would be even beter as is closer if . Btw anyone has any experience rehandling axes iv got 3 heads that need handles

I have done a fair few - but I imagine that there are a few coming who are better at it than me.

if you have the handles then I can at least show you how. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE