Comrie Croft meet up?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
late October early November.

Perhaps we could go down the skill share route again as I enjoyed that last time!

Would be nice to get a decent group of people going! I've put a thread up on BB but as per usual there has been a limited response.

cheers
Andy

T1Viper

Nomad
Sep 24, 2010
Ayrshire
If theres a meet next year i'd love to come along.

I'm just starting out in Bushcraft and have next to no kit, thats my winter project trying to buy/make everything i'll need.

Hope you all have fun and i look forward to meeting you.

Tom

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Early November would be best for me too tbh.

I think I may get a few folk going and then if anyone else comes too then we can have a bit more of a laugh.

Ti Viper - if you have the gear to sleep out in those temperatures then you would be more than welcome! - if we get numbers similar to last year then you may be able to buy a fair old bit of kit there. ;)

Andy

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Subject to suitable dates and suitable baby sitter may well have a Nagual and a bivibabe for this. We can supply dates for these times for everyone else to work around.. :lmao:

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I may be interested although I don't know if I've any skills to share. Dates would be a big bearing on my attendance

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
If theres a meet next year i'd love to come along.

I'm just starting out in Bushcraft and have next to no kit, thats my winter project trying to buy/make everything i'll need.

Hope you all have fun and i look forward to meeting you.

Tom

That's not a problem Tom,

If me or any of the other folks are going,we've plenty spare kit mate.

Where are you btw?

I'm in Drongan at the moment,there's others in Ayrshire too.

Tom.

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
first weekend in november?

there has been some interest in this from the BB lads too.

Scoman - don't worry mate, it is a learning experience for every one. I'll be offering lessons this year. Though I would sure like to get some time off so some one can teach me how to sharpen stuff! :D

I'll call up comrie this afternoon if I get the chance.
Andy

T1Viper

Nomad
Sep 24, 2010
Ayrshire
That's not a problem Tom,

If me or any of the other folks are going,we've plenty spare kit mate.

Where are you btw?

I'm in Drongan at the moment,there's others in Ayrshire too.

Tom.

Hi Tom (feel like i'm talking to myself lol)

I'm in Irvine, I've been camping (sites not wild) and fly fishing for years, but now i have decided that the hammock and tarp and wild camping are the way forward. So at the minute i'm deciding which one to go for, i like the look of the tenth wonder Hornet, and i'm going to get the sewing machine out and have a shot at making a tarp from ripstop nylon then giving it a silnylon coating.

So i have set myself this winter to get everything bought and made for starting heading out next spring.

Thanks for the welcome.

Tom

P.S Everything Mac, if people do have stuff for sale then i might be persuaded, i do like a new shiny lol

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I just got off the phone with Comrie and they have pencilled us in for the first weekend of November. - As it stands the hall is free but there is a wedding party taking place in the lodge/ farmhouse.
I said that we would get around 20 folk there, in a week or so when I have a better idea of numbers I'll phone up comrie again and confirm it all.
We will also have the field to ourselves again :D

Tom - we had quite a lot of people selling their kit in the hall last year. - I see no reason why that wouldn't happen again this year as long as the hall remains available.

I'm going to be fairly run off my feet with uni work the next month or so; so I might be a bit slow at getting things done.

It would be nice to see a similar set up to last year with two parachutes and the like. - though I'm afraid I do not know who organised that and I don't have the means to do it myself. - but I'm more than happy to help out any way I can.

I'd sure like to see another pot of stew on the go this year too :D:D:D

all the best guys - see you all in a month :D

Andy

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE