Comparison camping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
brilliant,..

the first comparison i will make is our report,...

Dave went into detail on his set up,...where as i seemed more preoccupied with the monsters and noisey wildlife...

lol at the grandma tho,...

bummer with the forgotten breakie,..my moorhen ommlette was lush ta very much,..

cheers to you too mate,..maybe we'll sling the hammocks in the same woods sometime ...

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I wish i could have had a fire, Later in the year it wont be a problem, were you chilly at all mate, my feet were freezing in the morning, but that may have been down to them sitting slightly above the underbag,

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Great tale guys, kept my spirits up on a bleak Monday morning. It also spurred me on to consider my hammock, I haven't had it out since I moved up here and whilst it was in the back of my truck during my recent foray to the Outer Hebrides I couldn't find another thing to hang one end of it off(the other would have been the truck itself).

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
i got the usual early morning chill, but in honesty nothing that would have kept me awake,...

and all on a bed of leaves and my magical woolen blanky,...

i did have a fair few clothes on tho,.....layers,...its all about the layers man!

vest, tee, long sleeve tech layer, hoody, and a dutch army coat, two pair of sock the old damart ljohns, and some jeans,..

thats not counting the stone of fat i,m carrying nowadays,..

plus my fire was still smouldering at 6am,..but that may have been more phycological than owt else,,

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Word to the fire! I was (warning!! mental image !!warning) in my undies socks pants and a tee shirt and a pair of thin gloves, but i think i need to dig out me bivvie boots, never sufferd with cold extremitys befor though, Uh OH! is 31 getting old? am i going to have to start making noises when i sit down?

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
lmao,...there you go then,...its the nakedness that kept you awake,...hahahah ***!..

i,ve been making noises when i sit down for ages,...

One of the lads who normally comes with me is 43, and he was most upset that he did,nt get an invite this weekend,

so we,ve planned a two nighter without the kids tho cos its gettin nippy,....

looking at second week in Dec,

and then were gonna do a snow one,...

the first weekend we get where theres snow down were off,...he has visions of building a shelter with a fire and reflector,..

i need to do some reading 1st tho,...

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
i already do that and i'm not yet 29!

Raikey i'm planning on doing a few tests with reflectors and fires the next few times i go out camping and plan on pposting the results when i have done them see this thread
for details of my nerdy plan

yes mate i read it with interest,..i think i posted on there too ,..

i,m waiting for the result of your test before i venture out!!

learn from other peoples mistakes and all that,...

keep us posted man,...

Stu

first test this weekend
need to get my mits on another thermometer so i can have two set up one in front of fire and one a goodly distance away from fire so i have a control temp.
fingers crossed i will find one tomorrow in millets/blacks then good to go. specially as lisa's dad has donated a pile of logs that look ideal for the reflector(s)

seriously i got four, was made to resit it three times after the original D grade, some would take the hint after the second or third but my very clever teachers insisted until i refused to resit it a fifth time.
its this weekend for the first experiment of reflector with just logs, if i get bored it may turn into a full on all three ideas test out

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE