Commission Dagger

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Looks really nice, the whole knife on webbing is a bugbear. The RAFP have a sadon when it comes to sharpstuff, i mis my leatherman the fookers took.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
thanks girls and boys, well this I suppose is part 2, the sheath made from thermo plastic Kydex type material... first time i have used it and messed the first bit up, good job i got 2 bits...:):):):)

i started of with the heat gun which went ok, but tended to get the plastic to hot, and it only worked on a small area really... i played around with the now scrap piece, i tested it in the oven then molding which worked really well, just put it on a baking sheet top shelf gas mark 5 for about 4-5 mins, sounds like a cake....lol...

anyway, thats how i got the end result, drilled the holes and slots where carved with a knife... i bolted the shaped piece to a flat piece and finished of with a rub of fine sand paper to get rid of the gloss finish....

jos a fish, enjoy the pics...;)

and the piece i fluffed up...:(

thanks peep's, as normal comments welcome...:)

Last edited:

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
han-solo-frozen-in-carbonite_3-310x2471.jpg

;)

Z

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
that sheath material looks interesting, sposing it handles like perspex... does it conform to shape & reduce cut line definition with a hot air stripper too? S'pose that'd be too stressful if it damaged the handle :S

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
thank you ladies and gents

its a bit wide for a Rex Applegate knife but i see what you mean...

TG, yes its quite like perspex, probably easyer bit more flexable, it tends to harden up after the heating process a bit more, when you say hot air gun i have never used one, just a heat gun which i would think is hotter, but yes im sure it would work fine, give it a go its not that exspencive to buy.....

the handle was fine and did not get that hot but it would dammage it if it got to hot...

quite pleased over all, Jake is very happy and thats what counts....:)

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
yep he seemed to be, the plastic is 2mm and 1x molded sheet for the top, and 1 x flat sheet for the base, so 4 mm of plastic in total, should be fine for what he wants.....

thanks Robbi..:)

Culloch

Forager
Jun 22, 2008
Australia
Looks really nice, the whole knife on webbing is a bugbear. The RAFP have a sadon when it comes to sharpstuff, i mis my leatherman the fookers took.

Knives on webbing is "Fighting Trim" only, end of.
I think you'll find that its "Cpl / Sgt / FS Fooker.....and it would appear you're the one with a Sad On cos you lost yer Leatherman which most RAFP are happy to sort carriage for...did somebody fail the attitude test?

Nice dagger Chris, handles a bit chunky for my taste but as you know the customer is always right. Your work has come on leaps and bounds mate!

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
nice work there mate reminds me of the newer ka bar knifes (maybe cause of the handle and sheath)

never know you might one day get good at this knife making and bushcraft malarkey ;)

only joking top work chris

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Knives on webbing is "Fighting Trim" only, end of.
I think you'll find that its "Cpl / Sgt / FS Fooker.....and it would appear you're the one with a Sad On cos you lost yer Leatherman which most RAFP are happy to sort carriage for...did somebody fail the attitude test?...

LOL. I need a translation dictionary to figure out just what you and tiger stacker have said. All I can make out with any certainty is that a Leatherman was confiscated.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Culloch, thanks mate, this one was hard to do though, i must just need to do MORE knives...:)

Andy, thanks mate, not my normal sort of blade but quite happy with it over all, allot of firsts so it can only get better..:)

Santaman, dont worry mate its squaddie talk....:) the RAF Police dont like pointey stuff on flights any more, not even butter knives or scissors, its gone all the same as civil flights....:(

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Ah, now I understand. Sorta. Even on civil flights we can take pointy, sharp stuff; just has to be in checked baggage and not accessible during flight.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE