Commission Dagger

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Hey all,
I was asked if i could do a dagger ready for the Next outing to Afghan, by one of the people I work with, we talked it over, what he wanted how much he wanted to pay etc etc...

the blade is W2 old file, reduced down from around 5-6 mm to around 3 mm its about 10 cm long and about 3 cm wide ish... the handle is home made mycarter from light denim and some black ink in the glue for the contrast in the handle, a thin piece of brass for a bolster to protect the handle material...

this was very hard for me to get right and its not 100% perfect for me, the grinds where the hardest bit, especialy because there are 4 of them...:(

but still, its my first one and overall im quite pleased with it.....;)

I was also aked to engrave /etch the new owners name on for him "JAKE", that went very well, the rustic look i was after...:)

anyway, here are the pic's...:):):):):):):):)

Thanks for looking peep's, any comments welcome...:)

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
that is beautiful dagger chris are you doing the sheath for it it deserves a special one me thinks regards dave

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Thanks gents, Im doing a thermo plastic sheath (kydex type) as its going to be used in Afghanastan, if i used leather it would get scratched and ruined in no time, the kydex should hold up a bit better...;)

im doing the sheath 2moz, that will be another first...:)

regards.

chris.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Thanks gents, it was harder then i thought it would be...

just a comment on BB (british blades), i posted the same thread as this, 62 people have looked at it and not 1 person has made a comment, i know im not the best blade smith in the world but whats wrong with me on that site, i have made a few posts, mostly knives i have done, and questions asking for help or advise, but nothing, the odd post here and there....

tell me if im wrong but if your not in the click or well knowen you get pushed aside, just gets my goat a bit, thats why i dont often go on the site now, shame ehh....

anyway, rant over, BCUK rules!!!!!!!!!..:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
that was his plan, dont know how that will work out, he may have it taken off him on return to the UK, but i have done as asked, he might leave it for exercise in the UK... its plenty sharp enough for cutting stuff and the blade should be really good being W2 steel...

the sheath will cover all the shiney bits so its Tac safe, i also hope to add some strap loops so he can attach it to his body armour if he wishes...

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk

just a comment on BB (british blades), i posted the same thread as this, 62 people have looked at it and not 1 person has made a comment, i know im not the best blade smith in the world but whats wrong with me on that site, i have made a few posts, mostly knives i have done, and questions asking for help or advise, but nothing, the odd post here and there....

tell me if im wrong but if your not in the click or well knowen you get pushed aside, just gets my goat a bit, thats why i dont often go on the site now, shame ehh....

Fixed that.

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Another nice job mate :-D
Was speaking to Merry earlier sounds like the blade you did for him is comming along quite well too.
Off to google mycarta now just to find out a bit about it, I like my leather & bone or antler but like you said your's is going to be a tool for a job in a none too friendly environment. I hope none of your mates contacts are close enough for him to need to use it and god speed on his safe return!

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK

well, maybe because the people who might have commented also use this site - and comment on here!

Looks a neat job that, good design and I can't see any flaws!

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Looks pretty good Chris.

I'm surprised it isn't in a tacticool OD? Looks the business though. All the best to your mate on tour.

Andy

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
that was his plan, dont know how that will work out, he may have it taken off him on return to the UK, but i have done as asked, he might leave it for exercise in the UK... its plenty sharp enough for cutting stuff and the blade should be really good being W2 steel...

the sheath will cover all the shiney bits so its Tac safe, i also hope to add some strap loops so he can attach it to his body armour if he wishes...

Ah it's more of an all around utility type knife than a Dagger in a Martial sense....

All the best to your oppo on Tour....

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Lordy, not only into outstandingly good looking vehicles but the man can make a fiiiiine looking knife too!! Lovely job, Chris, really looking forward to seeing the sheath too :)

Is BB a bit.... *ahem*... purist, maybe? Its possibly a bit different on the styling for traditionalists?

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
thanks gents, im away at the same time, i might do one for me but grinds just on the front with a flat back, we shall see if i get time, i have a few other commisions to sort out first though...

mrcharly, thats probably true, it just seems less close nit and friendly to me, but thats just me of course. its not a bad job but the flaws are there, but then nothing is ever 100% perfect, its hand made after all... the customer seems happy though which is what counts,,,:)

regards.

chris.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Lordy, not only into outstandingly good looking vehicles but the man can make a fiiiiine looking knife too!! Lovely job, Chris, really looking forward to seeing the sheath too :)

Is BB a bit.... *ahem*... purist, maybe? Its possibly a bit different on the styling for traditionalists?

Thanks TG, but shhhhhhh, we just wont go there, you will get me started again....LOL....;)

the sheath to come soon, if its as good as the knife i will be happy with the package...:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE