Comments on Softie 15 Discovery bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The General

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
North Wales Llandudno
I am thinking about getting a new sleeping bag as my old 3 season is a bit worn out. Anyone have any thoughts on this bag? I have had my eye on one for some time, but thought I better ask the experts!

Thanks!

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I've used the softie 3 and 12

I find them very good and hard wearing (I have the militry versions)
after about 5 years though the filling died

since then I converted to down bags which make the synthetics seem very very heavy and bulky

but if i had to go back to synthetic I would choose snugpack

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
I have a Softie 9 Military version which I find is a good bag for Uk Autum and Winter temperatures. It's a bit too warm for late spring/ summer use especially if you combine it with a bivvy bag.
In terms of durability, mine is only two yesrs old so can't comment on the fill but if I get 5 years out of it I think thats pretty good.
When time comes to renew I think i'll go for down filled if only to try and get pack size down.

The General

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
North Wales Llandudno
Just ordered the Rab Eclipse 360, for £55 I could simply not resist! Its a great bag at a very very low price...

Cheapness made me do it! Its amazing how I will not think twice of paying £300+ on a knife but wince at the thought of £100+ on a bag... :oops:

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i've used the military version of the softie 6 (i think it's 6 anyway!) for about 3 years now, great from late spring to early autumn on its own, if i add a decent liner it's fine from the start of spring til the end of autumn. never had any problems with it, it's a good lightweight synthetic bag and when i come to replace it i'll probably get another the same.

stuart

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Just to be different I dont like the softie range at all - I find them restrictive, uncomfortable and cold.

I personally use either a British Army arctic down bag, one of the armies new synth bags in the damper realms or in the warmer months a mountian equipment firewalker bag.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE