Come On England!!!!!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
just wanted to comment on the best weekend of rugby i've ever seen!
england were gritty and determined, and played superbly in a scrappy game. 'apologies' to any aussies on the forum, but HAHAHA!
hard game to come against 'les blues', but we'll have them!
then lets see if south africa score 36 next time!!
COME ON ENGLAND!!

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Yeah, well done the england rugger team....A teabag stays longer in a cup than the aussie rugger team.....I love em really....

Sep 16, 2007
I look forward to a England - South Africa final, come on Bokke - yes I am one of them and I have loved the tournament so far. Our first game against each other was a disappointment nothing to get excited about, there is more to winning - I enjoy the good "edge of the seat" games. This past weekend has been the best rugby I have watched in a while. Well done to all the teams.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I like to be proved wrong (sometimes) :lmao:
Prior to the samao match I was seriously expecting english rugby to go into meltdown, lose that fixture 35:0, and also lose the tonga one, crash out the group, scare the english rugby establishment out of there blazers etc. So I have been delighted to see the upturn in fortunes and the new dynamic in their game. As Brian Moore said, lets hope they can develop and maintain their momentum, crush the frencheis then go into the final as favourites against argentina (yes I believe they will crush the spingbokks heartily :D )
PS Mr Conolly seems to have gone quiet, couldnt of been the ref in the england/australia game, he fettled him before the game started didnt he :You_Rock_

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
I look forward to a England - South Africa final, come on Bokke - yes I am one of them and I have loved the tournament so far. Our first game against each other was a disappointment nothing to get excited about, there is more to winning - I enjoy the good "edge of the seat" games. This past weekend has been the best rugby I have watched in a while. Well done to all the teams.

welcome to BCUK Leafy - this is a South African friend of mine everyone - unfortunately, hopelessly deluded in thinking the boks have a hope :D

Aaaah - my kind of post!

I love the Aussie sporting ethos - i.e. "have a go" and didn't we bloody well just! the tight five were just magnificent and Andrew Shreidan (a 6'4" 19stone prop - think about that for a couple of seconds! - to be named MOM - sublime!) - I'm a back and I love seeing first class rugby games won entirely by the scrum - it reaffirms, what is the greatest team sport in the world (England football will never win the world cup on having the best back four for example). Congatulations boys - you simply beat them up!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
We aren't winning in a game we invented are we? Wonders will never cease to amaze me! Does that mean that if we win, we can bleat on about it for another forty years and crash out of the future Rugby world cups, but hang on past glories? And big our team up so much that the pressure makes it inevitable that they will fail?

I'm getting cynical in my old age!

:rolleyes:

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
Aaaah - my kind of post!

I love seeing first class rugby games won entirely by the scrum - it reaffirms, what is the greatest team sport in the world (England football will never win the world cup on having the best back four for example).

hear hear mate,
england footballers will never win the world cup - no real team spirit.
i played no.5, lock, 2nd row(depending on what you call it) and i loved seeing the total domination by the forwards - it is the true heart of the game.
england are currently 11/2 to win the lot - worth £20 of anyones money

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
We aren't winning in a game we invented are we? Wonders will never cease to amaze me! Does that mean that if we win, we can bleat on about it for another forty years and crash out of the future Rugby world cups, but hang on past glories? And big our team up so much that the pressure makes it inevitable that they will fail?

I'm getting cynical in my old age!

:rolleyes:

it means we're going to be the first team to defend the world cup successfully:D
(and we didn't invent football, the chinese did...)

Great quote from the the game:

Mark Reagan (England Hooker) to his opposite number Stephen Moore (Aussie No 2), after the first set piece scrum:

" Alright Jelly boy?! We've got 75 minutes more of that - get used to having your nose rubbed in the s**t!" - priceless! Beats Rodney Marsh's sledge to Ian Botham "Hi Ian, how's your wife and my kids?"

Roll on the semis!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE