Come On England!!!!!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Blimey carried away or what after one flukey win over Australia. I hope I'm proved wrong but England won't beat France and Argentina won't beat SA. It'll be a France - South Africa final. As much as It greatly pains me to say it France have a better team than us.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
flukey win????????????????????
back of the class mate - and your hope will be realised.
COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fair comment..................wrong again. :eek: :eek: :eek: just about every match this world cup I've got it wrong whoever was playing and I've watched all the home countries games and the bigger games if SA - Oz or NZ have been playing. Just as well I'm not a gambling man :togo: I'm chuffed to bits though..............................Erm South Africa to win the final................Which means it'll be England because I'm always wrong :) and they'll be playing Argentina. :confused: :confused: :confused:

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Well thats the frenchies crushed, I'm now looking forward to the springbokkes filling there pants tommorrow when they get turned over in the other semi. England/Argentina final for sure.
Les Blues are a great team, but today the English lads shut them down, and confounded everyone by showing their true depth of fighting spirit, fearlessness, perseverance, character, patience and tenacity, with a bit of good fortune and fair bounce throwen in as well. The turning point was when Jonny kicked the penalty to make it 9 8, thats when French doubt set in, and we knew the match wasours for the taking. If he would of missed, early trip home. I think I lost weight with the stress :lmao: :D

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
Well thats the frenchies crushed, I'm now looking forward to the springbokkes filling there pants tommorrow when they get turned over in the other semi. England/Argentina final for sure.
Les Blues are a great team, but today the English lads shut them down, and confounded everyone by showing their true depth of fighting spirit, fearlessness, perseverance, character, patience and tenacity, with a bit of good fortune and fair bounce throwen in as well. The turning point was when Jonny kicked the penalty to make it 9 8, thats when French doubt set in, and we knew the match wasours for the taking. If he would of missed, early trip home. I think I lost weight with the stress :lmao: :D

brother, you speak the truth
i want an england v SA final - my best mate is from SA and is convinced the 36-0 was an indication of any possible final encounter.
how wrong she is...........

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
World class isnt it, he missed 3 out of 3 penalty's, then hit the crucial and decisive turning point, doesnt panic, scores, then the drop goal stunner. Shame Sackey/Tait etc never really got away free, all credit to the French defence. Sackey has come on a lot since the S A game, he looked seriously out of his depth then, but has 4 tries since and some key defensive on the spot decisions too. Jason is like a greased pig when he gets away, hard to stop and as exciting to watch as rooney in football. As Mr Ashton said, the pre world cup warm up's that France won counted for NOTHING, when push come to shove our team has the guts.

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
what kills me is that the final will go largely unoticed by the nation
yeah - we're not the best team, and we haven't played the best rugby, but that is what knockout stages are all about - who wants it most on the day
i've won £140 on england over the last 2 matches, and i'm putting £50 on the final - follow me people - you're £70 up if you followed my semi-final advice!!!
first team to defend the world cup - ENGLAND

Wasn't pretty - but a great example of playing 80 minutes - not 70 or 65.

I must admit that I felt for Les Bleus - especially after their heroic win against the All Blacks. But we ground out another win with blood, sweat and, in the end, tears.

Got to hand it to Wilko - if I had been taking that penalty with 7 minutes to go - my left peg would have turned into a strand of spaghetti! Great premeditated positioning and execution of the drop goal though.

Great to see Billy Whizz Robinson have such a terrific game - velcro hands, great kicking and a scintillating run with his one chance - can we allow this man to retire?

Silly penalties from the forwards - but, as ever, they won it for us eventually.

I don't care who we get in the final - bring 'em on! England have already redeemed themselves.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
what kills me is that the final will go largely unoticed by the nation
yeah - we're not the best team, and we haven't played the best rugby, but that is what knockout stages are all about - who wants it most on the day
i've won £140 on england over the last 2 matches, and i'm putting £50 on the final - follow me people - you're £70 up if you followed my semi-final advice!!!
first team to defend the world cup - ENGLAND

No it won't go unnoticed Gorilla. All the non rugby fans will jump on the Jonny wilkinson bandwagon like they did when we won the world cup 4 years ago. I couldn't believe it. All these people suddenly starting to wear England Rugby shirts and posters of Jonnie wilkinson starting appearing put up on peoples desks in the office i worked in at the time Mainly the girls. Ask them to name even a handful of the rest of the squad though and bu**ered. Rugger shirt JW posters - no idea :) Rather funny and fickle really :lmao:

No it won't go unnoticed Gorilla. All the non rugby fans will jump on the Jonny wilkinson bandwagon like they did when we won the world cup 4 years ago. I couldn't believe it. All these people suddenly starting to wear England Rugby shirts and posters of Jonnie wilkinson starting appearing put up on peoples desks in the office i worked in at the time Mainly the girls. Ask them to name even a handful of the rest of the squad though and bu**ered. Rugger shirt JW posters - no idea :) Rather funny and fickle really :lmao:

Yep! you're absolutely right - and that's what infuriated me about the last world cup. The ignorance of Rugby saw Wilko win BBC sports personality of the year - when Martin Johnson should have walked it. It was Johnno who set up the play for that famous drop goal with nominating the penalty to our lineout. It was Johnno, again, who drove the ball into the "pocket" - Matt Dawson took it a few yards further before delivering a left handed pass to Wilko, who (on his wrong foot, admitedly) slotted a simple drop goal.

England, at that time, had the best players, in most, positions in world rugby - but importantly, they were led on the field by a colussus - and it was the most unjust decision - born of ignorance - that he didn't receive the plaudits he was entitled to.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
All of the pressure's on the spingbokks tonite, they are fighting off fear and panic already, and it will get worse for them as the game unfolds, they are going to be on eggshell's with stress and tension. Ausrtalia, Kiwi's, Frenchies all rumbled, they are next in line, England/Argentina final for sure. Those "big" tams had nowt in the locker when itcounted, the Saffs have had it too easy, once again the logic book and form book will count for nothing, cant wait :lmao: :D

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
Yep! you're absolutely right - and that's what infuriated me about the last world cup. The ignorance of Rugby saw Wilko win BBC sports personality of the year - when Martin Johnson should have walked it. It was Johnno who set up the play for that famous drop goal with nominating the penalty to our lineout. It was Johnno, again, who drove the ball into the "pocket" - Matt Dawson took it a few yards further before delivering a left handed pass to Wilko, who (on his wrong foot, admitedly) slotted a simple drop goal.

England, at that time, had the best players, in most, positions in world rugby - but importantly, they were led on the field by a colussus - and it was the most unjust decision - born of ignorance - that he didn't receive the plaudits he was entitled to.

all true mate - although it makes for an entertaining couple of hours, the BBC SP is a damning indictment of the criteria applied by the majority of the voting public. in most team sports, but especially RU (IMO) you can't single out one person for an individual award(and as you rightly say, Jonno should have been nominated for his command of the field position)
the word 'personality' sums up the award really - it just comes down to the fame factor, and what the media can sum up in one photo (wilko dropping the goal has become an iconic image), although Nigel Mansell has won it, and he hasn't got a personality ;) which shows how fickle the whole thing is!

all i know is that RU is the best team game in the world. for my sins, i watched the football against Estonia - what a boring, uninspired display - my heart rate never raised once! the rugby team have showed the guts and determination to succeed even when they're not at the top of their game, and displayed a pride in wearing the shirt that our footie team can only dream of. the french were shut down completely, and never had the chance to score any more points than they actually got - we could have won by more.
win or lose, the final is going to be amazing!

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
england were gritty and determined, and played superbly in a scrappy game. 'apologies' to any aussies on the forum, but HAHAHA!!!

Snagged from a post on BB....

bow.jpg

:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE