Colloidal Silver Facts. Please Read.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
If it was a common ancestor ............why are there other primates?

If I had a tail,I'd be chasing it now.

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
One thing that makes me wonder about evolution is:-If we evolved from primates,why are they still here?

Cos not all of an species evolves, if they are managing well enough in any particular environment there's less of a process of natural selection as they qute simply don't have to.

_mark_

Settler
May 3, 2010
Google Earth
Pando

"While Pando isn’t technically the oldest individual tree, this clonal colony of Quaking Aspen in Utah is truly ancient. The 105-acre colony is made of genetically identical trees, called stems, connected by a single root system. The “trembling giant” got its start at least 80,000 years ago, when all of our human ancestors were still living in Africa. But some estimate the woodland could be as old as 1 million years, which would mean Pando predates the earliest Homo sapiens by 800,000 years. At 6,615 tons, Pando is also the heaviest living organism on earth."

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Sorry, the only sensible answer to Gavmar is to point and laugh.

Explain, with reasons and hard evidence until you are blue in the face, he will not alter his opinion.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Sorry, the only sensible answer to Gavmar is to point and laugh.

Explain, with reasons and hard evidence until you are blue in the face, he will not alter his opinion.

Blue in the face - are we back to the silver thing then?

It is rude to point....be blunt instead!

I would never laugh at someones belief - I might dispair.... but not laugh.

I too have some strange belifes and would not apreciate someone laughing at them either.

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
One thing that makes me wonder about evolution is:-If we evolved from primates,why are they still here?

Because while we were evolving from what we evolved from, they were evolving from what they evolved from, and whatever evolved into them did the same, and....

It's a continuum.

It's a bit like saying "where did the universe come from"? Hang on, no, forget I said that. :)

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.

I too have some strange belifes and would not apreciate someone laughing at them either.

Beliefs are one thing John; twisting, bending, selectively quoting, and lying are something else entirely.
I would never laugh at someones beliefs, unless they were trying to push them onto an unwilling audience.
I'm an atheist with a Christian sister and two Christian daughters, we get on just fine.:)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Beliefs are one thing John; twisting, bending, selectively quoting, and lying are something else entirely.
I would never laugh at someones beliefs, unless they were trying to push them onto an unwilling audience.
I'm an atheist with a Christian sister and two Christian daughters, we get on just fine.:)

Fair dos :)

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Top thread, I've rated this a five :)
There's everything from tin foil hats to creationism and young earth stuff and to top it off there's even Papa Smurf.

A chap with argyria
papa-smurf.jpg

Papa Smurf
blue_man_080731_mn.jpg

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Top thread, I've rated this a five :)
There's everything from tin foil hats to creationism and young earth stuff and to top it off there's even Papa Smurf.

A chap with argyria
papa-smurf.jpg

Papa Smurf
blue_man_080731_mn.jpg

I also have been enjoying it.

I do know that there have been core samples taken of some smurfs that conclusively prove thay were given away as promotional items by Elf garages circa 1983 - 84

some are even older than that..

images

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com

I dont agree with that Jon. Some people need to be pointed at and laughed at loudly. It's the only natural treatment for stupidity and while it may not cure the afflicted, it serves well as a vaccine for others. Too many people buy into this garbage, because too many of the sensible people are too polite to point and laugh.

Last edited:

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Ida watch this if'n i were you. (if it is too long, just watch from about 3:00 minutes in, it explains what is known.) Warning there are a couple of swear words.

Ohhhh, I like that guy a lot. Thanks for the link. Have a look at this...

Scientists have recreated the first "spark of life" by mixing together basic inorganic chemicals in a bowl, which spontaneously form into ribonucleotides, the building blocks for protein synthesis and all life on earth.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/05/ribonucleotides/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE