Collins axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikaelMazz

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2007
The United States Of America
I have been looking into a new medium size axe. I have looked at alot of different axe companies and desided that the best axes were made many years ago. I like the old axes because my best axe is an old one.
I heard that Collins is a good name and found this axe.
What do you think of it? I know you cant tell much by one photo but some people here know alot about axes.
Can you tell how old it is?

Thanks,
Mikael

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
All I can tell you MikaelMazz, is that Collins manufactured a wide variety of high quality cutting tools up until 1955. In 1955, their factory flooded and was a total loss. At the same time the axe business was going under due to the chainsaw. They saw the handwriting on the wall, and gave it up.

Collins machetes were, I'm told, considered by the South Americans, at one time to be the best machete one could buy.

I would be confident that it is a fine axe. It is apparently a Colorado Boys Axe. Should make a nice light axe.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
The Boy's Axe is one of my favorites. Not sure how old that one is but it looks in great shape. Polish up the edge and put 'er to use! It will split, chop, pound and keep on keeping on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE