Coleman folding camp oven

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Theres a couple for sale on e-bay. One in the UK is 49.99 + 5 p&p. Its about what I paid for mine although I've never used mine yet.

beeperboy

Mar 16, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
I love my Coleman oven.

BB

bread.jpg

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
They are a good bit of kit but are a little small plus do not trust the temperature gauge as its very inaccurate. You will also get heat loss and the stove benfits if you wrap the oven in something like a fire blanket.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
They are a good bit of kit but are a little small plus do not trust the temperature gauge as its very inaccurate. You will also get heat loss and the stove benfits if you wrap the oven in something like a fire blanket.

I use a double layer of heavy foil with mine.

Osprey

Forager
Nov 21, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Hi Fred
Craigdon in Inverurie had them in stock last year, I don't know if they still have any. Maybe worth giving them a phone.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I know I'm answering my own post but now wondering if I could use this for smoking fish. Jack's messages from BC have left me craving Indian Candy (smoked salmon)

Surely it shouldn't be hard to make something similar?

I would love one of these but seriously can't afford £50+ for what is essentially a folding metal box.

If anyone has made something similar to this, could you let me know how. Doesn't need to be folding really.

Sorry for thread deviation

Andy

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
That look pretty good!, is the sheet on the lower shelf a baffle to spread the heat from the stove? Theres something similar in the coleman....

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
That look pretty good!, is the sheet on the lower shelf a baffle to spread the heat from the stove? Theres something similar in the coleman....

Yes; if I were to make another I'd have just a single central hole for the burner with something similar to the Coleman arrangement. I'd paint the inside with VHT silver too.

fredster

Forager
Oct 16, 2009
Ipswich, Suffolk
hmm, that Coleman looks like a good candidate for converting to a folding wood burning stove. Just needs legs attaching and a flue. Might be a bit small perhaps.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
They are rather small and not that great. we have one in our store at scouts I have tried it once.

A budget alternative is a cardboard box wrapped in foil.

Look HERE for an example or HERE

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE