Coleman duel fuel three burner stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Hi all

Re the above stove, I can't seem to get my hands on one anywhere- does anyone know if Coleman still make these and if so, any idea where sells them.

I have my eye on the twin burner version, but just know that after I've bought it. I'll wish I'd just gone for the bigger one!

Cheers folks

ATB

KP

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Cheers mate. I looked on the Coleman site but there was no triple burner, just the doubles so not sure what happened there.

It looks like that's going to be my best option and risk import duty.. Still, it should be a stove that lasts.

ATB

KP

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Sheesh, was doing a search for retailers in the states as Coleman don't sell direct... Slightly different search terms and blow me, found a uk site selling for £145 ish...

Thanks though, appreciate it.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Even cheaper, nice one, thanks.

I don't know why I struggled to find them before- I'm putting it down to being on night shift this week- my google fu is clearly related to my sleeping patterns!!!!

Thanks again folks.

KP

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I don't have the 3 burner But I've been thinking of getting one also to add to my hurricane prep. I do have the 2 burner and from the pix it seems the fuel tank and line are the same. If that's so then the converter kit to allow the 2 burner one to also operate on propane should also work on the 3 burner. The conversion is just another line that attaches in place of the fuel tank and the hose attaches to a propane source. It's not as efficient that way but it does add another option in an emergency where fuel sources might be limited.

Last edited:

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
That's useful to know, thanks Santaman. Does that mean it runs on those black Coleman canisters? I have one of the Coleman double burners which runs off the black canisters, but they sit at such a strange angle- not sure why they use a straight ridged pipe and not a flexible hose... I guess there must be a good reason though!

KP

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
That's useful to know, thanks Santaman. Does that mean it runs on those black Coleman canisters? I have one of the Coleman double burners which runs off the black canisters, but they sit at such a strange angle- not sure why they use a straight ridged pipe and not a flexible hose... I guess there must be a good reason though!

KP

Yes I think that's what it means. The cannisters are green over here so I don't know for sure if it's just a different color there OR if the cannisters are color coded for different gasses (i.e. one color for propane, another for butane, another for LPG, etc.)

Last edited:

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
I have the twin burner and think it is a great bit of kit! Didn't know there was a conversion kit to run propane, any ideas where to get one in the UK?

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
not sure why they use a straight ridged pipe and not a flexible hose... I guess there must be a good reason though!

KP

Yep there is a good reason it's to stop numpties inverting the canister and flooding the burning stove with liquid LPG or propane as its doesn't have a preheater tube you'd get a very large flare up like Piper Alfa...

Either the green (Coleman) or black (worthington) will work as long as you're burning propane as the adaptor kit is jetted for Propane.

HTH

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I don't have the 3 burner But I've been thinking of getting one also to add to my hurricane prep. I do have the 2 burner and from the pix it seems the fuel tank and line are the same.

Lot easier to find in the USA than the UK. A lot of the stove collectors have tremendous bargains at thrift stores and yard sales, the two burners you can pick up for very little, ten bucks sort of price, same with Coleman lanterns and single burner stoves. Shipping is the real killer for these stoves. Under 2Kg prices are not too bad but once they go over 2Kg the prices shoot up :(

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Lot easier to find in the USA than the UK. A lot of the stove collectors have tremendous bargains at thrift stores and yard sales, the two burners you can pick up for very little, ten bucks sort of price, same with Coleman lanterns and single burner stoves. Shipping is the real killer for these stoves. Under 2Kg prices are not too bad but once they go over 2Kg the prices shoot up :(

Not as easy over here as I'd like though. I've found a few on ebay but not so many new ones. Even those on ebay are generally near or over $100 compared to less than $40 for a new 2 burner. As you say the used 2 burners can be had quite cheaply.

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I have the twin burner and think it is a great bit of kit! Didn't know there was a conversion kit to run propane, any ideas where to get one in the UK?

Obviously I don't, but maybe someone will come along here who does. If not then pm me later and I'll have a look round if you're interested. Postage might be prohibitive (if I can find another locally) but we can investigate. I'll have to pull mine out and look to be certain but IIRC it's an aftermarket piece (not Coleman)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Not as easy over here as I'd like though. I've found a few on ebay but not so many new ones. Even those on ebay are generally near or over $100 compared to less than $40 for a new 2 burner. As you say the used 2 burners can be had quite cheaply.

The three burner are more expensive but not perhaps great as a setup. The tank feeds the centre big burner and the burners either side are smaller so depending upon pot sizes they are not that great to cook on. I've never owned a three burner just the 413G twin but I fired off an email to an American stovie yesterday and he's not a fan of the triple burner for the above reasons. That said I'd like to play with one.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Interesting points about the setup of the burners, but surely the double has one main burner then it feeds the second one, and so I'm not sure how having a third burner would be worse, unless it means that having all three burners on reduces power to them all making it a poor performer?

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Interesting points about the setup of the burners, but surely the double has one main burner then it feeds the second one, and so I'm not sure how having a third burner would be worse, unless it means that having all three burners on reduces power to them all making it a poor performer?

I've never used a 3 burner either but that would seem to be logical; in both 2 and 3 burner stoves, the burners are fed by a single gas line from the tank so the flow would be divided among them with the main burner being the first one in line and getting the lion's share of fuel.That said, just how much cooking do any of us do that need max burner power?

Like Rik, I'd like to play with one but the most practical way to go would probably be to get two of the 2 burner stoves instead. That would give you 4 burners total (2 of which would be main burners) at about the same price (or less) as a single 3 burner stove. Also it would mean you'd still have at least 2 burners even if one stove went tango uniform.

Last edited:

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Getting two doubles is not as cheap over here- cheapest I have seen them is £99 plus delivery and the triple is £140 ish...

I have just bid on a double version on evil bay as I can always use one of my solo stoves too if needed.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Looking at completed sales on eBay it seems the twin burners go for £40 - £60, still a lot of stove for your money.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE