Coleman Camping Stove question.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
I have a Coleman Micro Stove and recently bought a Campingaz cartridge for it from Tesco. Unfortunately it doesn't fit properly but may do if I force it down so the valve goes into it. Is this a good idea or should I count my losses and just buy the correct cartridge? Thanks.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
DON'T even attempt what you suggest.It's highly dangerous as the gas will blow the stove out of the cannister and empty completely at high pressure.
Go and buy the correct cannister.

BushSleeper

Dec 4, 2008
Devon
If it is a campingaz self sealing cart, Backpacking light do a convertor to coleman fitting for about a tenner, I've got one, useful when abroad when you can't find the normal coleman cartridges.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I have a Coleman Micro Stove and recently bought a Campingaz cartridge for it from Tesco. Unfortunately it doesn't fit properly but may do if I force it down so the valve goes into it. Is this a good idea or should I count my losses and just buy the correct cartridge? Thanks.

DON'T even attempt what you suggest.It's highly dangerous as the gas will blow the stove out of the cannister and empty completely at high pressure.
Go and buy the correct cannister.

sapper1 is 5000% correct... Buy the correct canister...

woodtramp

Sep 5, 2010
North Dakota
Kabbooom comes to mind, did that one time and shot the canister across the camp site, did it with a lighter in the camp fire back in the day and like in slow motion it blew out of the fire and hit me between the eyes......Live and learn

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE