Coleman Avior x2, any one got one?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rommy

Forager
Jun 4, 2010
Hull, East Yorkshire.
I did a post a couple of weeks ago on the bootsales thread when I got a brand new x3 which had only been erected once but not even slept in for £20!

I previously used a Coleman - the Vail, which had given many years of constant use.

It's a cracking tent buddy, well worth the money. Love the extra side door. Can also be erected or taken down in one. The materials are quality and will last for years. Only drawback i'd say are the tent pegs which I found to be a bit on the small side especially for the elastic on the door openings. Best regards, Geoff.

dozzer

Forager
Jun 24, 2010
dundee
wow £20 what a bargain! il have to get to the bootsales lol

I have some pegs lying around so that shouldn't be a problem, can you tell me if they how reliable they are in the rain?

thanks

rommy

Forager
Jun 4, 2010
Hull, East Yorkshire.
Like I said buddy the materials are top class. I've only had it a short while and have put it up in very blustery conditions and it has seen a very heavy shower but it is the same material as my old tent which saw months and months of action in the Scottish Highlands and never let me down once. I actually like the design of this one even more. You'll have no worries with this tent. Regards, Geoff.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Love mine, easy to set up, light, waterproof, etc.

avior1.jpg

dozzer

Forager
Jun 24, 2010
dundee
looks good opal, is it roomy enough for 2 people? iv read the space is limited, also is that tarp really needed as cover or do you just prefer it?

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
It depends on yer size, Dozzer, whether two can fit in, if yer a big lad just one would be comfortable. It's waterproof but I used the tarp as I later put a carp chair underneath and cooked my meals in comfort.

The side opens out which I love and plenty of room at the front for boots, clothing etc.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
i have an X2...
With all my kit and backpack i wouldn't say it is a 2 man tent. one in comfort with gear or 2 small ppl with no gear but it would be tight.

The tent is great, very light as previously mentioned the only downside are the pegs. They look great, lightweight alu but i have had a couple snap and bend easily, once bent if you try to straighten they tend to snap

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE