Cold weather bivvy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Thinking of going out to my local spot to try out my cold weather set up on sat night. So should get my fill of snow... :hatscarf:

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
Same here. After Middlemudd didnt get really cold, im looking forward to really testing my setup. You still good for the lift Dave?

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
I'm fine getting to ribblehead, we meeting at the car park near the pub?
people are getting there at different times. I wont be there till sat morning, with this in mind we are probably best meeting on site. If you park under the viaduct theres a flat area slightly left thats sheltered a bit by a few hills. Thats the bit i was thinking of. We can have a fire there as well:)

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Great stuff, ill be there sat morning. Managed to snap my handbrake cable today. Ill get the train if i cant get it fixed in time though.

Last edited:

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Long range weather cast looks interesting

DayNight
Weather Conditions
12.png
15.png
Temperature (°C)Highest temperature:
-3°C to 7°C
Lowest temperature:
-8°C to 5°C
Wind Speed (mph)13MPHSOUTHERLY10MPHSOUTH WESTERLY

Potentially -8! I don't have a great amount of faith in long range forecasts, but still could be an 'interesting' night.

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
Not gonna make this now lads I'm currently lying on a hospital ward waiting to go to surgery to rebuild the foot I decided to smash with an axe. Pictures available upon request. Sorry to let you down.

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Not gonna make this now lads I'm currently lying on a hospital ward waiting to go to surgery to rebuild the foot I decided to smash with an axe. Pictures available upon request. Sorry to let you down.

Ouch! Hope you mend up quick! Real shame you cant make it this time.

charliefoxtrot

Sep 9, 2011
North Lancs, UK.
Bl**dy hell Dave ! Hope the surgery goes well.

Matt you can get a train to the venue, Ribblehead stations on the Leeds - Carlisle line. £29.90 return from Piccadilly, change at Leeds.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE