Coffee at the Moot

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Following the great tutorial on roasting your own coffee.... see below.
CoffeeAtTheMoot.JPG
Hot air gun will sit on its end, 3 bits of wood to make a "U" shape and rest the flour shifter on top. Before and after beans shown in the foreground. Not tried it at the time of posting as I want my grandson to grind it for me, let him have first go.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Sat and had a 750ml of my own roasted "Tiger Stripes". Nice but normally have a stronger brew. Got some Peruvian to try next and then will try a mix.
The flour sifter did throw a few beans into the air and I lost them. Raw beans where sticking under the wire and next to the mesh, as they roasted and swelled ; less so.
Still great fun and fresh tasting

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Glad the machine is working. It looks fun both to build and to use - but somewhat complicated.

I didn’t go to the Moot but I’ve watched many times as my Ethiopian hostesses performed the coffee ceremony which includes roasting the beans over charcoal or fire. It must be as skilled as any cooking process but very simple. The resulting coffee is some of the best I’ve ever had.

What is the idea behind the mechanism?

IMG_6898.jpeg
This one is out doors over eucalyptus leaves and twigs rather than indoors over charcoal but the pan is the same.

What matters of course is that you got good coffee!

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Hot air gun provides the "fire", Flour shifter allows to air to roast the beans and stirs them, Wood former is just somewhere to rest the shifter while heating and stirring.

Reactions: Pattree

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE