Coat.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Marijn

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2006
The Netherlands
Hello!

I have a Q for all of you.

Sadly todat my trusted coat went to shreds.
And now i'm looking for a new one.
Goretex woould be my favourite.
So basically i'm looking for a hardshell hicking jacket.

I've been looking at some models from north-face and such.
But what coat gives the best value for money according to you guys?

Much obliged :rolleyes:

Regards,

Marijn

Peter Pan

Jan 9, 2006
Acton, London
Cheap and practical is what I sa you need.

May I suggest the German border patrol gortex jacket for only £15-£20. I bought one from here:
http://militarymart.co.uk

Lovely and snug as well as smart looking. I am out in all weathers all year round. Being a Chartered Surveyor I view it as smart as well as practical even compared to my Bushman Barbour. Done many a camping trip, the most recent in North Wales were it rained none stop and it stood the test.

It is only an individual opinion though for the money it is my suggestion and recommendation for you to consider.

At the end of the day I am not a kit man and I like avant garde way of camping or bushcraft as it is now called; and like to keep things simple.

(forgive the spelling and poor grammer, with it being late having a few too many homemade ginger wine cheeky drinks - what a lethal drink ? like having ginger nut biscuts but with an explosive reaction on the mind and body)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE