Clyde Muirshiel Regional Park Meet 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Spoke with the Park director today and he gave the go ahead for hosting a meet.

He was keen that if it was a skill sharing weekend that a few of the Rangers pop along to learn "something" as well as getting lots of good promotional type photos and a write up to be used for the Parks publicity. Nothing was said about costs, but I'll push for a freebie/cheaper fees for a first time meet.

Details and dates arent set in stone yet, just thought I'd let folk know that it will happen :)

I'm thinking either a dead of winter meet in January or february or possibly spring time. Looking at the potential sites its either the official campsite at Barnbrock or at the Muirshiel Country Park up in the Hills. Personally Id go with up in the hills as its a bit more remote (its used as a star gazing spot by the local observatory) and if we get snow cover like we did this year it'd be a cold camp, but happy to use the official campsite if there is more demand for that.

Fires would have be raised as we encourage the "leave no trace" principles with folks wild camping in the Park. If we have to pay we'd properly get access to the toilet and shower facilities so won't be totally roughing it.

Dependent on the time of year we meet I might also be able to get some discount on kayak or canoe sessions at our water sports centre at Lochwinnoch.

Its still early stage of planning so don't have all the answers yet but thought I'd start the thread to whet folks appetite.

Orric

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Hey Orric
Hope this comes off fingers crossed.
I will be keep an eye on this thread, since your just down the road for me.
Skill sharing weekend sounds good, especially if it keeps the powers of "B" happy.
Bob

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
What sort of skills are you wanting to show? Are their restrictions due to the type of park it is IE archery, traps, air-rifles? Would it be safer to stick to stuff like firelighting, leather, carving, cooking. Just in case the Powers That Be get miffed. But the skills idea sound excellent.

greensurfingbear

Im in the process of buying a house so all a bit chaotic here, so this CMRP meet isn't taking priority but I haven't forgotten. We has a choice of two locations. The official camp site at Barnbrock or up in the hills of muirshiel country park. Any preferences?

Personally I'd go with muirshiel as it's a dark sky zone and a bit more remote.

It'd have to be leave no trace fires as officially neither site has fire pits or platforms.

Both sites have access to toilets and showers if required.

Numbers wise it can't be a huge meet at least not for the first one don't want to scare the bosses!

If things go to plan I'll be in new house in January but I was thinking march for the meet?

Orric

Elgatoloco

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2010
Glasgow, UK
Please forgive me this question, but...I've never attended such a meeting, is there a some sort of agenda or anyone could explain how this sort of meeting look like? Do we just appear there, make a fire a dance naked around it?

Simon

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Please forgive me this question, but...I've never attended such a meeting, is there a some sort of agenda or anyone could explain how this sort of meeting look like? Do we just appear there, make a fire a dance naked around it?

Simon

Danceing naked is restricted to full members only.

But seriously some meets are more structured and others more free fome and going with the flow.

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Please forgive me this question, but...

Do we just appear there, make a fire a dance naked around it?

Simon

Alright who has been leaking photo's?

I thought you lot had a none disclosure agreement?

Is there a Rebecca Brooks on the forum?

I think topless is as far as it may or may not have got. I can neither confirm nor deny! but..... if you're intent on pushing the boundaries, then the first camp on a new permission might not be the one to try it on.

have a look back through the earlier meet threads, they're generally quite fluid with a loose agenda and not to early a start ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE