Clip attachment for PLCE bayonet frog

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ganstey

Settler
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I might be able to get hold of the female component of the clip on the top of a PLCE bayonet frog (dated 1994 if it makes a difference)? I've adapted it to fit my Bahco Laplander and would like to have the option of using it in 'dangler fashion' by making a belt loop in a similar style to the Silky fixed-blade saw scabards. I've got some clips that I bought on eBay for making some webbing straps, but the frog clip is about 1mm wider (45mm v 44mm), and the central 'tongue' is a slightly different shape.

If not, I'll try removing the current clip and replacing it, but I'm hoping not to have to do that as the stitching at this point on the sheath is rather complicated.

Thanks in advance

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Best bet might be to pop into an army surplus shop with your piece and see if they have any PLCE bits and pieces with the female part you could take one off.

Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
Couldn't you just cut the existing one off and replace with a side release clip where you have both parts?

You don't need to unstitch anything though.

You can buy ones that are made as "replacement" ones (at a premium) - as you will see it has abit of the bar cut out. Personally I just cut a diagonal slice in the bar myself and have never had a problem.

Or you could use one of these

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Aha! Thanks. So does the SA80 scabbard sit inside the bayonet frog? Looks like I'm going to have to get creative, or just use the PLCE belt attachments as a normal belt loop.

Yes it does,on the back of the frog are the belt clips, usually brass for fitting it to the webbing belt, the scabbard is usually plastic and there are different types, some with saw blades as well as wire cutting ability and some without.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Try Muskett of these parts. He's a huge fan of the Skrama, and uses the frogs instead of the leather carry option.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE