Cleaver

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Bit of an update, with thanks to Tengu I have some suitable antler, so had to re-think the tang then go through the process of fitment which is never easy when trying to line up a handle without a strait line to it! Now I have to consider the bolster I'm thinking brass.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparky415 and Janne

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I have been using cleavers for most kitchen duties for many decades.
In the finish, may you cook 10,000 meals.
I hope that edge gives you an entire lifetime of pleasure to use.

Reactions: Janne

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I reckon that’s one of the best project transformations I’ve ever seen, it’s truly superb in its new clothes. You’re going to have a lot of fun with making kindling and splitting rounds. goodjob

For you “like” button dislikers, the like I gave alerts the poster to his thread, which I really do like. Then a bit of comment keeps things ticking along nicely. :)

Reactions: hellize
Jul 24, 2017
somerset
I reckon that’s one of the best project transformations I’ve ever seen, it’s truly superb in its new clothes. You’re going to have a lot of fun with making kindling and splitting rounds. goodjob

For you “like” button dislikers, the like I gave alerts the poster to his thread, which I really do like. Then a bit of comment keeps things ticking along nicely. :)
Why Nice! that is one of the nicest compliments I have had!.........(voice starts to crack, runs off like a girl, flapping hands at the moisture building up in his eyes) :shameful: but seriously, thank you!

Reactions: Nice65
Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Will you show us some chopping action, some day?
I think I might, I was going to do a video review on the Mora garberg but there are a lot out there already, but maybe something on the use of cleaver's for bushcraft could be better, my sister has an acting agency so dose video portfolio's so it would turn out well shot if nothing else!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE