Clearout time!!!sharps, gloves, shirt etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
Hi guys!! Clearout time!!!

Anything that is of interest please get in touch...
Im after ... , francis baker compass, SFA/Hultafors style axe (something with around a 20" handle) ,folding bucksaw, bits for my new UCO lantern, lightweight tent pegs, OR walking staff .. OR just try me!! :)
ive added the approx value to each item to make trading easier.

First up is a new Fat Face shirt-80%wool 20%polymide sized large-id say 42-44" trade value about £35

a0e162a0-c9e3-410a-b9da-4d32ce31b691_zps436e0073.jpg~original

Next is a scandi style knife that i bought as a slight second-comes with firestarter and sheath-have since upgraded to a HillBill knife :) barely used and would make an ideal starter/second knife. NOW TRADED

932e12ac-c302-4cc9-bcaa-2c443afa778d_zps3c803b38.jpg~original

Next is a Pair of new Swedish mittens with leather palms-id say a size 8-9 trade value £10

d0e0f889-1dab-4e25-bc38-ceb3acd9786a_zps858d3265.jpg~original

and finally a buck knife and nylon sheath ive had for a while but barely used. Trade value £35

4eec11ae-c137-4b7c-b712-dba1c0536f98_zps71ce27ca.jpg~original

Like i said guys am open to offers!

Last edited:

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Well it's been a couple of months now and I never have had a reply to my PM.

The Bushcraft Knife I bought on this thread was one of Tim Nobles branded as William Rogers - I cut my way.

I bought this for my daughter. She opened it before I got home and it looks great and I have not the heart to take it off her but with stories of these knives not being heat treated we will have to see how it holds up.

The sheath is raw leather. The edges not polished or sealed.

I guess my problem here is that the photographs deliberately concealed these facts and when I asked Andy about the background to this knife he was evasive.

Sorry to wash dirty linen in public but there is no feedback system and Andyxedos rather deliberately sold me a lemon.

Caveat Emptor and all that but frankly the Bushcraft scene isn't that big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Playing Devils advocate -Does the knife not retain an edge?

Also you say it was bought, when it was only up for trade (only full members can sell)? Does the amount you paid equate to a fair secondhand value for one of those knives?

Last edited:

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
Im a bit annoyed about this to be fair. I am NOT a knife expert and have never claimed to be. I posted 2 CLEAR pictures of the knife, YOU contacted me and I gave you all the information I had on it and tripple checked you were happy before you took it. If you want a hillbill commission one. If you want a new F1 go to heinnie haynes and pay for it. I did what I considered a fair trade outside of the forum as I cannot sell on here and you were happy with that. Besides bringing the item around your house and showing you it I could not of offered to do any more?? Its a scandi knife with a handmade leather sheath and firesteel and I believe you paid £40 for it?? I reckon that's a fair price in anyones book!

Andy

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
No but to be honest I never bought it as a "brand" and did not even think of it being a issue..a knifes a knife in my opinion and tool to use. Dont ger me wrong ive got a f1 as after reading some reviews on here I wanted one and went out specifically for it. I only knew this one was "handmade" didnt even occur to me it would be a issue. My mistake. In future ill take pics of every side and angle just to make sure :-(

Andy

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
1 picture. Above.

You offered to take £45 cash after I had tried several attempts at trade.

You wanted PayPal as a gift. I sent it to you as goods and services and paid the fee but haven't raised a case.

The knife wasn't a slight second as you said, it was a knife from an unscrupulous maker. You said you bought it on British Blades? The forum is full of talk about this maker.

All the information? Flip the picture. Show the stamp on the other side of the blade. The raw uncoloured edges of the leather.

Yes you have got shot of a bad buy on the cheap. Well done. However it's cost you your integrity.

You could of course have answered the PM I sent you a couple months ago. Apologised even. It's not like I have asked to return it.

It's not about the knife Andy. It's about the honesty of a member of this community.

Mark is currently making me a commission. I own an F1. I wanted a starter blade for my kid as advertised. Hopefully this will do that, if the edge stays together.

Last edited:

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
To be fair he pm'd and I thought id replied with basically what ive said above. Thought I was being totally honest same as with all the other trades ive done and I even sent extra pics if I remember rightly before sending the knife out as there was a small repair on the handle so I wanted him to be happy with it...

Andy

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Nope. No extra pic. Your memory fails you.

No reason to lie Andy. No agenda here. I can't take the knife off her now.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I would have smelled the Rat with William Rogers. My Dads William Rogers is currently with FGYT for restoration. I know it's a company that hasn't produced for years.

The Tim Noble story tumbles out as soon as you Google it. Guess that's why Andy chose not to show that side of the knife.

Just wouldn't expect someone on here to be selling it into our tight little vociferous community. Terrible error in judgement.

Yes shocking Andy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE