Clearout - free stuff

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Having a clear out - I need the room. I don't want any money for any of these items and will also pay the postage within the UK. If it helps someone else, particularly of limited means, to get some quality time outdoors, then that is payment enough.

Alternatively, if you particularly want an item and are not of limited means, then wait till you get it and make a donation of your choice to these folks: http://www.combatstress.org.uk/

First to request an item on this thread gets it. I won't be able to post till Tuesday or Wednesday. You must be over 18 for the first item.

First, an outdoor knife: Scandinavian grind laminated carbon steel 4 inch stick tang blade by Brusletto of Norway, handled with Arctic curly birch by myself. Alan Wood sure has nothing to fear, but it's serviceable enough. No sheath, but I include an offcut of veg tanned leather and it should be possible to knock a simple sheath together until you get/make something better.

014.jpg

Second, an Argos 'Tiger Paw' one man tent. Green. Caused quite a stir on the internet outdoor forums, as it is actually quite good, yet was only about £30 new. Cameron McNeish reviewed it in one of the magazines. I've used it all over the highlands, 2kg, small pack size, has never let me down but the weak point is the fly zip which is now starting to become unreliable. It could easily be replaced with a little DIY, and the fly flap still holds with velcro..

016.jpg

Lastly, a one man goretex two hoop tunnel bivvy, about 1.4kg, similar to the Terra Nova Jupiter/Saturn. Pretty unfashionable now, as you can get a proper tent that weighs about the same. However, it is still a good choice for low profile camping as it is olive green and being low is very inconspicuous. One of the sleeves the rear hoop goes through is coming away a little, it has had a few repairs, but it's still waterproof.

017.jpg

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
What a splendid idea... I've just found out I already have a tent so the Tiger is still up fer grabs

Last edited:

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
That was satisfyingly quick!

Please PM me your postal addresses, gentlemen, and I'll get the gear in the post Tuesday or Wednesday.

MadDave, got your address, and thank you for your own generous offer.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I've had a note from Dave and the tent can go to someone else. Bushcraft-lad contacted me so it's going to him.

So all gone!

Nov 7, 2008
U.K
P.m sent and if i may say what a generous offer it never ceases to amaze me the generosity of the members on BCUK

much regards,Jordan

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
sorry just seen it went too bushcraftlad but i will still make a donation anyway...atb shogun

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
A good cause – PTSD has shaped a good portion of my adult life, and now free of it, I urge others to treat it with the respect it deserves. A very kind offer sir.

May 27, 2009
Always Changing
Do you mind me asking when/where you got the tent in green?

I love this tent but mines is orange which is not ideal so would love to be able to buy a green one

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Sorry Scott, but Bushcraftlad got there first.

vmjolt - I've noticed the tent is back on in Argos, but in Orange. The old batch were the green ones, which sold out maybe 2 years go.

Interestingly, the Tigerpaw is a copy of the Lightyear tent, which costs about £180.

Thanks to everyone for the generous comments, and to AJB for flagging up the PTSD issue. Like him,I know about PTSD, though fortunately as a doctor rather than as a sufferer. Combat Stress have been very helpful to some of my patients, but just now they are facing a huge demand for their help, and every penny helps.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE