Cleaning a Norgie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mrmike

Sep 22, 2010
Hexham, Northumberland
You could maybe try using a pressure washer fairly close up?
Water jets can cut concrete and metal so maybe a domestic pressure washer could handle cofftea?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
Long story short, nothing of a chemical nature, including bleach appears to bother it much. Certainly nothing's making it a "wipe away" affair. Plastic scraper in combination with wet and dry is shifting it slowly and what's underneath is unstained plastic. It's just going to take care and elbow grease.

Reactions: Toddy

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
You could try freezing it and then putting it straight into hot water to see if the expansion will loosen it and make the scraping easier. My other thought was WD40, but that might leave a taint.
Good luck.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
You might have luck with the stuff that I use to clean the glass on a wood-burning fire.
I think it's basically a strong caustic soda paste. It comes in a plastic bottle so it shouldn't harm your lid. It's amazing what it does for the fire glass.

Reactions: Toddy

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
Eventually got it more or less completely clean, then was presented with another by my Mum's new neighbour. It's still got the stores labels on it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE