Cleaning a mouldy smelling pvc waterproof jkt??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
If its really PVC, you can quickly wipe it with Acetone nail varnish remover and leave to dry, this will remove a layer of pvc along with the mould. Literally seconds though or it will melt right through.

If it were me, I'd honestly wipe it with Wilmas Nordic Summer and revel in the divine smell every time i wore it :) :approve:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thinking about it, these jackets are cheap and if washing powder and bleach don't clear the smell...bin it. Wear it and exercise and you'll sweat more than a weight watcher in a cake shop so not a great jacket.

MattB

Jul 9, 2012
UK
For a PVC w/proof jacket I'd recommend fire, although that's probably not the sort of help you were hoping for.

Splash out a bit on the Goretex - there's a reason PVC's so cheap!

steve75

Tenderfoot
Oct 11, 2012
Tyne & wear
For a PVC w/proof jacket I'd recommend fire, although that's probably not the sort of help you were hoping for.

Splash out a bit on the Goretex - there's a reason PVC's so cheap!

The reason i purchased these waterproofs is for when fishing. I can't justify the expense of gortex gear to get covered in fish slime and bait. I do have gortex type gear for other situations. Not like i need hi tech breathable fabric when sitting next to a lake. They are going to spend most of their time stuffed in the bottom my rucksack for times i don't want to carry my big brolly or shelter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE