Chutney recipes required

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
If you haven't tried it yet Spam I did a 6lb batch today using up the last of the windfalls - I can bung some photos up if you want (or a couple of jars in the post)

Red

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Tempt me no more Red! I left the blinking appkles at my folks house when i went round to share them on Friday! :rolleyes: Went there today to get my brother for the EMCCU meet in Sheffield, forgot them again! :aargh4: Harumph! Going to Wharncliffe in the morning to meet up with Addo, shall get them on the way home and have a go tomorrow evening! Pictures are always welcome, as you well know!

:D

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I love this as a sambal goes with most curries

½ Kg or as required – Small variety Purple Brinjals.
2 tbspns Pepper Corns;
Jeera Seeds 1 Tspn;
Black Yellu – ½ tspn;
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp.
Curry Leaves (few);
Salt to taste;
Vinegar – ¼ bottle;
A tablespoon of tamirind paste
4 tbl spoons of veg oil
Chillie Powder 1-2 Tbspns.- or to taste.

Method:

Remove Stalks & Calyx from Brinjals, make 2 deep insertions on the Brinjals where the Stalk & Calyx was removed, wash , drain & keep aside. Take a Kadai( like a wok) add Oil, when hot add the Brinjals & fry till it is half cooked. In the meantime make a coarse paste with the spices (except for the Chillies) & Vinegar grind all the spices with Vinegar no water - keep aside. When the Brinjals are half cooked add the ground spice paste & fry the masala till oil comes to the surface & the masala has coated the brinjals. Now add the Tamarind paste, Chilli Powder & Salt mix well & allow to cook & thicken. When required thickness has been achieved, remove from heat, & leave to cool – Bottle & keep. This Pickle could be served with Curd Rice, Lime Rice, Pulao’s, Fried Rice, Briyanis etc.,

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yum - must stop looking in here as all these spices and chutneys are making me hungry

I've slung a quick pictorial up for you on a separate thread Spam - hope it helps

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE