Christmas Cheer

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Yes, i know it's still November, but today we finished making the Christmas cheer for this year, pictured are a few of the bottles of Blackberry & Sloe Gin we made.

We started making making it a sooner than we normally would as all of the fruits were early this year & because of the premature fruiting we had to forage the fruits and get the gin in a little earlier than normal, it's a good job we did otherwise we would have missed the lot, so much for waiting for the first frost before collecting the Sloes!, not seen a frost yet this Winter, in fact is so warm out there I'm still in shirt sleeves and all of the Blackthorns around here are now devoid of Sloes.

DSCN1273abw2.jpg

Some of these bottles we will consume ourselves over Christmas and into next year and no doubt at a few meets as well, but a few of them will be given away as thank yous to some local landowners who let me use their woodland & property to pursue my Bushcraft activities, hence why we have bottled it all up a little early as well.

Cheers

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I made 8 bottles of sloe gin on sunday, although I have to give most of it to the guy who paid for the gin. The early batch that I made months ag, and the damson gin are both already very good.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I've got a load of sloe gin lying about ready to be filtered. I've also got a trial jar of hawthorn schapps and another of rosehip schnapps that I'm leaving for a bit longer...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE