chris caine companion or Gransfors Small Forest Axe?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
thanks for all the replys, i will have a good think, ive always liked the sf axe just such a nice compact usefull size, but we shall see, i will report back
cheers:)

I love axes ..I use an axe most days.

One axe I have no time for is the Small Forest Axe. Its too long for one handed, too short for two handed. Its trying to do many things and it does none of them well.

You are a bit south of me, but venture up to Lincolnshire side of the Wash and I'll put a dozen or so axes in your hand - from tiny belt axes to Double bit monsters. Find out what works for you (which will depend on what you want to do with it). My most used axes are tools, not toys - they keep me warm and cook my meals - so I work them hard. Always happy to let people try out a variety though - very important to try before you buy!

bdshim

Forager
Sep 25, 2011
suffolk
I love axes ..I use an axe most days.

One axe I have no time for is the Small Forest Axe. Its too long for one handed, too short for two handed. Its trying to do many things and it does none of them well.

You are a bit south of me, but venture up to Lincolnshire side of the Wash and I'll put a dozen or so axes in your hand - from tiny belt axes to Double bit monsters. Find out what works for you (which will depend on what you want to do with it). My most used axes are tools, not toys - they keep me warm and cook my meals - so I work them hard. Always happy to let people try out a variety though - very important to try before you buy!

il bear that in mind what your saying there, and thanks for the offer but like you say a long trip for me thanks all the same:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE