Chris Ashton dropped (Finally) right call

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I would of been seriously concerned if Chris Ashton had NOT been dropped, and was still part of the 6N this year. He's had a more than generous amount of time and games to recover form and make his mark. Good luck to Jack Nowell, he will play a blinder I am sure, the lad has guts. S L made the right call, although it cant of been easy to do.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
He is (was) an England wing known more for his extravagant dives over the try line than real footballing skills. But then I'm Welsh so my judgment cannot be relied upon :)

leon-1

Chris Ashton is a rugby player and former part of the English squad. He used to do the swan dive over the line, which used to wind up his former coach Martin Johnson. I am not a fan of show boating so as far as I am concerned it's no great loss.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Chris Ashton is a rugby player who undeniably made a huge impression on his international debut, scoring try after try, but since that time his form and confidence has evaporated. Despite the management giving him the benefit of the doubt and plenty of 2nd chances, his number is up and he has been dropped to make way for Jack Nowell (another rugby player, but one who doesnt come over as an attention seeking prima donna showman....)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Steve you need to watch more rugby. Jack Nowell plays for the Exeter Chiefs as a winger and won the BBC South West Sportsman of the year.

I've not really watched much rugby since I watched Josh Lewsey run rings round the opposition as a young 17 and 18 year old :p

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
It's a pointless excercise to discuss the England team; deep down you all know that Ireland will win it, or if something goes drastically wrong with them it'll be Wales............Job done! :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Pah rugby, a game of cheating, you're not supposed to pick the ball up and run away with it, where's the skill in that?

You should follow a decent game like footy :)

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Always seems suspect in defense, imo. Trying to tackle high, and failing quite often.

He's 14 in this clip... and Fofana just leaves him for dead.

[video=youtube;7mjbJRMEvO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mjbJRMEvO0[/video]

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Jack Nowell has the look of a modern Welsh back-big, strong, opportunistic, fast pace can dodge the tackles, break the gain line. I really hope he doesnt choke up on Saturday in Paris (or get done over like Matthew Tait did by a Welshman on his debut in 2005....:cool:)

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
it's weird with Ashton, he's been in good form for sarries, both scoring tries and creating space by dummy running. Yet for some reason he is unable to translate this form to the England shirt. Don't know a lot about Nowell (ahem, despite Exeter being my local team, blame BT sport who don't show many Exeter games) but hope he has a blinder of a game. Could be an interesting 6N this year, with so many injuries, retirements and suspensions, it's a difficult task to call who will win it.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Well on a similar theme, i cut the hedge the other day of Rory Underwoods neighbour. He came out & had a chat(did'nt get any work from him !), but he certainly seemed a nice genuine bloke.
He later came over to me with a box of first aid kits(i must of scared him with the hedgecutter !)that he said were spare as he had more than he needed.

Rob

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
Pah rugby, a game of cheating, you're not supposed to pick the ball up and run away with it, where's the skill in that?

You should follow a decent game like footy :)

Shewie,

Did you see Leeds play last night, cos Ipswich were waiting for them as well!

PS Rugby is much better.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE